cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimplyAli
New Contributor

Video shows still images of paused speakers

We recorded a live webinar last week, using the Pause button on webcams to hide the presenters who were not speaking. During the live webinar these showed as a black screen with the word "paused" on it. In the recording of the webinar one of our paused speakers shows as a black screen which is fine, however the other two of our "paused" speakers haven't disappeared, they are showing as a still image of themselves and their background. They should all be hidden as they were during the live webinar. This has ruined the recording.
N.B we used the pause button rather than turning webcams off in order to prevent the delay and branding of ChromaCam showing for the use of personal backgrounds. 

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Video shows still images of paused speakers

Hi @SimplyAli welcome to the GoTo Community, thanks for checking us out and sharing the screenshot. I'm not sure why some of your speakers are blacked out and some are paused during your recording. The best guidance I have is to turn off the webcam to prevent the speaker from showing in the recording. Pause will only pause a camera. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
SimplyAli
New Contributor

Re: Video shows still images of paused speakers

Hi @KateG Yes ideally we would do that. However, as stated in my initial post, we are using ChromaCam for our personalised virtual background and so every time we turn a webcam back on we get a 10-15 second delay before the person appears - during this delay there is either a black screen or the ChromaCam branding (despite the fact we have paid accounts and should therefore not have any branding!). This delay and branding is not good in a live webinar with multiple presenters, it is disruptive and looks unprofessional, therefore to prevent that we are using the Pause button. Although having the word "paused" on the screen doesn't look great either. If there is no solution then we will consider another webinar system where it is easier to have a personalised background and we can turn webcams on and off with no disruption.