cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eUROGEN-DS
New Contributor

Video views missing from Video Library

Hi. Since December, we can no longer see the number of views for each of our videos in the library dated after the end of May 21. They are still there prior to that date. With the analytics, we can only look back 12 months, so we'd have to go into each individual report for the remaining recordings each month to get the numbers! I had seen mention of an update to the database that had caused some issues - is this another effect of that?

Many thanks in advance for help/guidance.

10 REPLIES 10
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Video views missing from Video Library

Hi @eUROGEN-DS welcome to the GoTo Community. can you tell me how you are trying to view the registrants so I can check on my end? Are you building a report? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
eUROGEN-DS
New Contributor

Hi, @KateG . Sorry for the delay in replying! No, I wasn't building a report (since these are limited in how far they can go back - 18 months, yes?). Rather, I was simply going to the video library. Previously, all of the displayed videos would have their views stated on them, but this is no longer the case. However, checking again now, it doesn't appear to be due to the date of the video as I thought previously. The views are still showing from Page 4 of the results onwards, but do not show on the first three pages! That seems very odd. I've tried this on both Chrome and Edge and see the same thing.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@eUROGEN-DS checking with members of our team, they reported that the views should still be available. Is it possible the videos have no views? Can you view a report and see if participants have registered for the webinar? 

eUROGEN-DS
New Contributor

Hi. Yes, people have registered for the videos in question. The most recent one has had 30 views.

I've attached two screenshots below. The first is Page 1 of the video library (the first video is the one mentioned above). Pages 2 and 3 are the same as this. The second attachment is Page 4 of the video library, which shows the views.

Darren

Page 1 of video libraryPage 1 of video libraryPage 4 of video libraryPage 4 of video library

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@eUROGEN-DS I appreciate the screenshots, it does help to show where, I've shared this feedback with the team, and while I don't have a reason yet as too why you aren't seeing views, I will keep you updated when I learn more. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@eUROGEN-DS we are still trying to figure out what is going on with your views. I viewed two videos in my library and was able to see the view counted today. I don't have multiple pages, so can't entirely replicate your experience. Could you double-check that there are views for your latest reporting, just sort by publishing date. 

Thanks. 

Screenshot 2023-03-21 151148.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-21 125141.png

eUROGEN-DS
New Contributor

Hi, Kate. I don't see a choice to sort the videos in the library, but they are definitely sorted by publishing date by default (most recent first).

As I said previously, the first three pages have no views, whilst pages 4-6 do. However, as we add new videos, those that move from page 3 to page 4 suddenly show the views where they did not before. And related to this, I've also noticed something else:

• I refresh the video library page and am on page 1
  • If I click page 2 or 3 next, they do not load, but appear immediately, as though they were already loaded
  • However, clicking page 4, you can see the page load
  • If I then click on page 5 or page 6, they also then appear immediately
  • It seems then that they are loading the information in batches of three pages at a time, but the views are missing from that initial load.

I hope that helps!

Many thanks

Darren

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@eUROGEN-DS thanks for the additional information. Can you please clear the cache in your browser and let me know if you notice the same behavior?  If it's still occurring can you please share the browser and browser version? 

eUROGEN-DS
New Contributor

Hi. The behaviour has happened on numerous different systems/browers (Chrome on Macbook, Chrome on iMac, Edge in Windows 10). I have just tested it in Firefox (v111.0.1) on an iMac, having cleared the entire history/cache, and the issue remains. My colleague experiences the same issue too, so I don't believe that the cache can be causing this.

Thanks

Darren