cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quitskills
New Contributor

Virtual Event

Trying to get my head around the virtual event process. A couple of questions

1. Do all participants including organizers and panelists need to register a seat to be able to attend? Doesn't seem to be any other way for me as an organiser to enter the event other than booking a seat.

2. Can panelists enter an event early to set up (add videos etc)?

3. Shouldn't panelists automatically be invited to the event rather than having to book a seat?

Thanks

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Virtual Event

@Quitskills  I'm sorry about the confusion there.  In fact you have to create an individual event within your Virtual event timeline, and then add Panelists for them to receive invitations as staff members.  

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Quitskills   You would start each event from within your GoToWebinar account, as the event organizer.  Panelists receive special invites when you add them to the schedule.  Attendees can register early or join while in progress.  Registration for Attendees is mandatory. 

Like a regular webinar, all staff may join early, as soon as the organizer launches the session. 

Here's a FAQ with additional info:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/virtual-events-faqs 

Quitskills
New Contributor

Thanks AshC. I am dong a test run with some staff who I have made panelists. I have checked and none recived an invite other than the event invite I generated and shared.  Also, can you explain how as the oganiser I can access the webinar and launch.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Quitskills  I'm sorry about the confusion there.  In fact you have to create an individual event within your Virtual event timeline, and then add Panelists for them to receive invitations as staff members.