cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Why can't I share my camera on macOS Catalina?

I'm running macOS Catalina (10.15.3) and I'm not able to share my camera during a GoToWebinar session.

In Security & Privacy preferences, Privacy tab, GoToMeeting isn't listed in camera settings panel.

I've already tried a re-install of the GoToMeeting application.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Why can't I share my camera on macOS Catalina?

Hi @simoneo81 ,

The Organizer will also need to have the setting checked to 'allow staff to share webcams' in their online account settings. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have now had this problem on two separate webinars. It is not a settings issue on my side. It seems to be something with Catalina/gotowebinar. If a panelist is using their mac with Catalina, Gotowebinar does not show up as an option to check in the settings. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello! Did you ever get this resolved? It has been an issue for me a few times now.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The newest Mac operating system on computers and iPads has a security setting in the computer's System Preferences (Security) to allow certain programs to access the webcam.  You need to check that first before it will work in GoTo.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, that has worked before and I have always done practice rounds with Mac users to make sure we address this. But in both these instances GotoWebinar does not even show up as an option in the list of programs to check in the Security settings to access webcam. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Reboot the Mac and then check the System Preferences security settings before opening GoTo.

Also, Catalina changed other things about webcams, making some older webcams not work at all.

http://www.mac-compatible-web-cam.com/apple-webcam-news/files/webcam-for-macos-catalina.html 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

We continue to investigate this Mac behavioral change and hope to have more answers for this environment soon. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Two of my colleagues have exactly the same problem. There is no option to chose the camera on the permission settings. It works fine with the microphone and sharing screens, it is just the camera option that doesn't work.

Any update on how to solve this?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

If you are in a GoToMeeting session please go to the Preferences, then click Webcam to see if this triggers the Mac OS permissions offer.