cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bechammond

Why can't Presenters join from no-download, browser-based when using Webcast?

Hi, I have issues with external presenters when using webcast. They can not download the desktop app, due to security protocol for their company. From what I have researched, they can't join ivia web if I am using webcast. 

Problem is, I need to use Webcast, as some of my attendees can't download the app and need to access via web. 

Any ideas? How can I get around this??

They joined as an attendee (webcast webinar) but I can't promote to presenter. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Why can't Presenters join from no-download, browser-based when using Webcast?

Hi @bechammond Welcome to the GoTo Community.

At this time, panelists and co-organizers have more features than just sharing their screen like answering questions and launching Polls, etc. so they have to join through the desktop software. The new GoTo App version should change that in the future. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Why can't Presenters join from no-download, browser-based when using Webcast?

Hi @bechammond Welcome to the GoTo Community.

At this time, panelists and co-organizers have more features than just sharing their screen like answering questions and launching Polls, etc. so they have to join through the desktop software. The new GoTo App version should change that in the future. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training