The suggested fix does not appear to work for me, either. LMI has been restarted or the PCs have been rebooted altogether. Ran installation for LMI AV again and get the message "Could not apply policy. Try again later." Windows Defender still shows as the active AV.
Glad I didn't use GPO to disable Defender. Second-guessing my decision to ditch Webroot for this.
1. Restart LMI or reboot PC. (Machines will still show Defender as active AV.)
2. Reinstall LMI. (Messages state "Could not apply policy". Machines still show Defender as active AV.)
3. Request Status Update. (Machines now show LMI AV as active AV.)
The behavior I am seeing is that a client will show AV is not installed (even though it is installed). This started on Tuesday. We have tried restaring the PCs. We have tried to redeploy the AV policy. We have tried to redeploy AV itself. Nothing helps. Then, after 24-48 hours, the problem goes away on its own. That is to say, a client's AV status suddenly shows "good" again without any intervention on our part.
We have found that if a client has been offline for a few days (was powered off Tuesday, but was powered back on, on Thursday, for example), then this process of the AV showing "unable to activate," etc. starts for this client. So it would seem that ever since Tuesday, when a client "checks in" for the first time, then the console reports that AV is not licensed/activated/not installed and that it takes 24-48 hours or more for the console to correct the AV status of a client. This happens for every one of our clients.
In terms of a fix for this issue- I really wish Support would provide us with updates. I agree with others that things like this happen. We, as customers, just would like regular updates as to the status and resolution of the problem. If our only option is to wait and wonder when this issue will be addressed, well, this just breeds frustration.
I agree with everyone else. This is not the ultimate fix. We are seeing 50/50 results with this resolution and that is not acceptable. Can logmein support chime back into our thread with further information?
We have not had to restart the PC/reinstall AV to fix this problem. In fact, when we tried restarting/reinstalling on some clients then waiting 24 hours, the console still showed a problem with AV. In our experience, the problem eventually resolves itself on its own.
The suggested fix does not work for us either. The only way I can get it fixed is to either fully uninstall LMI client and AV then reinstall or delete the client form LogMeIn Central, wait for the LMI Control Panel on the client to prompty me to reconnect it to my account, push AV out again, and wait for a random time until it shows back up properly.
Here's our latest...
Install LMI AV then wait 10+ minutes
Request AV status update wait 10+ minutes
Sometimes works sometimes doesn't
Wait 12+ hours and try again
All machines show LMI AV installed, active, and up-to-date when you log in locally
We're now up to ~75% reporting correctly
Is there a command that will delete a client from the LMI Central Dashboard? Is there a command to join the client back to the dashboard without using the GUI? If so, we could make a script to remove the client, rejoin it, and push AV back out through the dashboard. This would automate what I've done manually to fix this on some servers.
The downside to deleting the client from the dashboard is the client losing LMI remote control capability. I've been using RDP to reconnect via the client GUI. However, RDP is not an option for all of our clients so the fix I did on servers won't work on everything else.
This process is very hit or miss. We still have a ton of agents showing a bad status for AV. Because it's only a cosmetic issue, it seems like LMI support doesn't find this a priority. However, it makes it very difficult to tell which machines are clean and which might have an virus alert.
I'm not sure what else to do at this point other than just keep banging my head against the wall with the steps we've figured out thus far. Support has not gotten back to me in 4 days and I don't have the time to sit on hold for 2 hours at a time.
Just call back this morning LMI support, they are still under investigation. As I did not have O2M, I have requested to have it temporarly (2 weeks) in order to run the command net stop logmein & net start logmein for all of my laptops. This way I will save a lot of time and energy. And then I need to renstall again the antivirus from the portal.