cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plc1982
Active Contributor

Screen resolutions changing after exiting LogMeIn

Hi all,

I have an issue on a number of PCs where I set the desktop resolution to 1920 x 1080 but as soon as I exit the PC it reverts to 1024 x 768.

I'm convinced this issue is related to the LMI Mirror Driver but disabling it doesn't necessarily fix it.

Has anyone experienced this issue and able to advise?

To confirm these PCs are 4k outputs - when logged in I have a wide variety of resolutions available both through LogMeIn and Windows. It's just when exiting the PC through LogMeIn that the resolution changes.

Thanking you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
plc1982
Active Contributor

Re: Screen resolutions changing after exiting LogMeIn

I'm afraid not - it's definitely to do with the LogMeIn mirror driver but not sure why.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi,

This issue is likely a result of the newer LMI screen blanking technique, and we are currently investigating why it is creating abnormal effects on some Host PCs.  I should have more information in the next 15 days, with development ETD.   Thanks for your patience. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Can you please try this new test build on the Host computer to see if the performance improves?  https://www.logmeinusercontent.com/links/0ddcef75e609f4f0183b61081a957fd89 

Thanks,

ChadMcM
Active Contributor

Did this get resolved in a subsequent release?  I'm having a similar issue running Windows 21H1 and LogMeIn 4.1.0.14512

Connecting from a client whose native resolution matches the host, I only get a lesser resolution option, so my visible host screen only takes up about 2/3 of the client's screen.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ChadMcM  Sorry about that, it is not the expected behavior.  Can you tell us what graphics cards are installed upon the host PC? 

ChadMcM
Active Contributor

It's a Radeon Pro WX5100

ChadMcM
Active Contributor

I should expand on my issue (which is actually probably different than the one here - maybe I should post a new topic?).

At the office, I'm working on my PC at 1680x1050.  When I log in from home, LogMeIn displays it at 1360 x 765.  The "native" resolution at home is 1680 x 1050 also, I believe.  When I get back to the office, that monitor is then at 1360.  The other monitor behaves normally.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ChadMcM  One other question I had for you was, how are both host monitors attached to the PC itself? 

ChadMcM
Active Contributor

Both host monitors are connected directly to the video card by HDMI.