cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Windows OS Version and Build Number in LogMeIn Central

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I have taken the use cases to Central Development for consideration. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Rob28
Active Contributor

Again a follow up - have not heard from LogMeIn, but see other vendors using LogMeIn as component of their RMM solution and displaying Win 10 version ...
PolarWizzle
Active Contributor

I'm not feeling overly encourged as this thread has been open since March 2019. Honestly it seems as if it should be a pretty easy fix.

Rob28
Active Contributor

Maybe the issues with LogMeIn Antivirus on Win 10 2004 will clarify to LogMeIn Cnetral team that clearly identifying Win 10 version is important and that Win 10 versions matter as a new way of identifying Windows OS upgrades ;o) Curious about Ash follow up ...

PolarWizzle
Active Contributor

Like you and other users I know, the Windows 10 version and variant is important to them, but given that Windows 10 was released 5 years ago there has not been any development from LogMeIn to suggest this is even being considered, let alone incorporated into LogMeIn Central...

Fingers crossed that it will be given some consideration soon! 🤞🏻

abbeyainscal
Active Contributor

I second third fourth etc this - seriously? I either have to figure out a powershell script which doesn't really help with remote users OR go into EACH machine to get a build? Seriously....fix this! 

jdebakker

Hi, need this information as well. Cannot go and check hundreds of computers  in their individual dashboard to know the build number - need a report on this!

abbeyainscal
Active Contributor

I will say that I am considering a more robust remote package that does give me what I need....just due to this silliness...
leecronin
Active Contributor

I'm not a PS expert but what about something alond the lines of an if statement to check the version and generate an error if it matches the one you are looking for or if it doesn't match the one your looking for - depending what you're trying to find.

Like I say, no expert but I guess it would go something like this (anyone welcome to change it to actually work and correct my mistakes).

$WinVerCheck = $null;
$WinVerCheck = (Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion").ReleaseId

If ($WinVerCheck -eq 1909)
{
<some command that will not generate an error>
}
Else
{
<some command to generate an error>
}

some simple ideas for a command to make an error and not - a simple "dir" should give no error and maybe trying to delete a fake file would generate an error. e.g. Remove-Item –path c:\nosuchfolder

After this is done, you could check the results for an overview of which failed and succeeded - which ones matched the if statement or not.

abbeyainscal
Active Contributor

I have definitely look into some PS scripts but I guess my point is that this can't be that hard for LMI to add lol! My gosh - it's a field for goodness sake that they do have just not in a report friendly way.