cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob28
Active Contributor

Re: Windows OS Version and Build Number in LogMeIn Central

Hi abbeyinscal, I appreciate the info and tips!

I do NOT have any servers, my environments are Cloud only ... so server-based approach will not work ;o) ... and I  recommend that SMBs (most of my customers) get rid of servers ... to avoid VPN and Solarwind like issues.

LogMeIn agent already collects version info (per device), but the info is NOT available in Central, in aggregated format - for all devices - to facilitate proper management, security and compliance... 

I cannot use share/free ware, and I do NOT want multiple management agents on devices - which create security risks ... I understand there are options (that provide that basic info) and that I will have to consider... e.g. Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Team Viewer or Continuum (which seems to be using LogMeIn as a back end platform ;o)

abbeyainscal
Active Contributor

Oh yes, you are limited then without AD.  However, if it's not too many machines, you can command line on each of them to get the build...through LMI...might be an option...

Rob28
Active Contributor

Yeah ... but I'm not paid by the hour ;o) ... and I do not have admin access to all devices ... the less access I have the better I sleep at night ;o)

Managing by policy is the idea, not by hands on access to each device.

Adrian_Forte
Active Contributor

You know what's especially funny.... someone took the time to make a function in the inventory that tells you how OLD the OS is. I'm guessing that age is calculated based on the date that the machine's particular build number was released. Maybe? But since it just says "Age of OS" with no explanation of how that calculation is derived, it's pretty useless to me.

Just, PLEASE, give us the build number. This cannot be a hard thing to do, and it would be an amazingly useful thing.

abbeyainscal
Active Contributor

Ha right - that took more effort than just pulling the build number! 

PolarWizzle
Active Contributor

That’s true!
Come on LogMeIn, earn yourself a some kudos by getting it sorted. It will be of huge benefit to your users.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi all,

We will be bringing this development idea to the table soon for review.  Thanks for your patience.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
PolarWizzle
Active Contributor

Thank you AshC.
I am surprised... this was raised years ago and it now only going to be reviewed, surely a review would have been conducted in the time that has elapsed‽
Personally speaking, no review is necessary it is a no-brainer and should simply be added to the development programme.
Rob28
Active Contributor

Thank you AshC. ... and thank you PolarWizzle for bringing this up years ago! ;o)

I've heard the developer review  approach a year or two ago ... I second Polar Wizzle thought on discussion of the topic ... only common sense decision is needed ;o)

This is not a "I want" feature, this is a "I need / must have" feature.

abbeyainscal
Active Contributor

2 years almost to the day! Yes we can get the build by clicking into each machine and then logging on - yuck, just make it available on the reports.....we are a small enough shop where I don't really need Manage Engine or the like....just need to stay on top of my machine builds.  Having said that, I just deployed WUFB via GPO so maybe all my machines will get up to date and I can forget about the builds for a while....