cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdwhit2
New Contributor

Black screen from Mac host

This has been a common topic over the years.  I am running Windows 10 Enterprise at work.  I have a Mac desktop at home running Big Sur.  Over the past several months, whenever I try to access my home computer (the Mac) from my office computer, it's 50/50 on whether I can see and use the Mac or simply get a black screen.  About 2-3 weeks ago, I was able to access my Mac.  This week, it's just the blank screen.  Actually, a couple of days ago, I could see the menu bar and the wallpaper on my Mac but couldn't see or use any apps.  I attempted to fix that and now I only see a black screen.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Black screen

@bdwhit2  You may need to manually allow-list everything related to LogMeIn on the Mac host. 

Please try this method when you are physically in front of the host:  In System Preferences:  Privacy & Security section, Privacy tab, ensure that LMGUIAgent is checked under "Screen Recording"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@bdwhit2  You may need to manually allow-list everything related to LogMeIn on the Mac host. 

Please try this method when you are physically in front of the host:  In System Preferences:  Privacy & Security section, Privacy tab, ensure that LMGUIAgent is checked under "Screen Recording"

View solution in original post

bdwhit2
New Contributor

Thank you!  That seems to have solved the problem.