cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gperk
Visitor

Keystrokes suddenly stop appearing on MacOS to Windows 11

I am using a MacBook Air, OS Ventura 13.2.1,  w/bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse to connect to a  Windows 11 desktop. I have the LogMeIn client downloaded on my Mac and access my host computer through the client installed on my Mac. 

The keyboard will suddenly stop registering keystrokes. The same issue has happened with three keyboards - two Bluetooth keyboards and the integrated keyboard on my Mac. The problem is most frequent in Word in Office 365. I will begin typing and suddenly the text will stop appearing. Ctrl shortcuts will not produce the actual shortcut, but will type the letter (e.g., ctrl + c will not copy, but will type a lowercase c). I can edit the document using the copy, paste, replace, find, etc. buttons. This sometimes kickstarts my ability to type, but then the text will stop appearing shortly thereafter. When I exit the application and reopen it, the problem still exists.

In other applications (specifically Notepad and Outlook), the text will stop appearing and it will appear as if the window is "unselected." Once I "select" the area where I am typing, the text will start to appear again.

If I press Ctrl twice, it will trigger the dictation on my Mac. Ctrl + Alt + Delete does not function at all.

The on-screen keyboard does not show that any buttons are stuck.

My keyboard mapping is set to use client layout, the keyboard and mouse are locked on the host computer, and the keyboard and mouse are set to user priority. 

5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Keystrokes suddenly stop appearing on MacOS to Windows 11

Hi @gperk, welcome to the community.

For assistance with this issue please call our toll-free support so they can troubleshoot this issue with you directly and gather more details. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
jdemodl
New Contributor

having a similar issue with a user here, just wondering if you ever found a fix?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @jdemodl,

Can you provide some more details about what is happening? Sometimes Windows and Macs start acting like the Ctrl or Shift key is being held down which affects what is being typed, one way to clear that is to press Ctrl or Shift a few times in succession.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
jdemodl
New Contributor

I have a user that is using a Macbook laptop probably like two years old. I think its running the latest OS and i know its running the latest LogMeIn updates. The latest LogMeIn host control is installed on his remote computer which is a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 Pro which also is fully updated. He has reported to me that while connected in LogMeIn and typing in programs like Microsoft Word/Outlook he will randomly lose access to type on the keyboard. The only way he can get it back is by doing like a copy/cut and paste function and then the cursor will come back and he can type again. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @jdemodl 

This does not appear to be a known issue. You mention "he will randomly lose access to type on the keyboard." which sounds like a connection issue, possibly.

You could enable debug-level logging in the LMI Client: View > Options > Enable debug and then after it happens again take a look at the logs for clues. Can you try that and see if it provides more insight? Thanks. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training