cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sclarke808
Active Contributor

LogMeIn Constantly Required 2FA - Even After "Trusting Device"

My LogMeIn clients (Mac, Windows, Android and iOS) are constantly prompting me to 2FA each and every time I login. It almost seems as though my account is being logged out, and it's forgetting that I've trusted the device.

When I login through the browser, I'm seeing that it registers my computer and browser as a trusted device. But when I do the same on the LogMeIn client (the program itself), and I click the trust this device and don't ask for a code next time - I never see that device add to my logmein account as a trusted device. And if I logoff or an forced to logoff etc, I have to reenter my 2FA each and every time. I've redone my 2FA setup, tried it via an authenticator then text, text then authenticator etc, and not change. I've also deleted my apps and reinstalled them from scratch, setting up 2FA and still nothing.

I had previously reached out to LogMeIn, and they had me turn on some logs and send them to them, but nothing really came of it. I'm wondering if this is just how it is, or if something is broken with my account. In all honesty, I didn't experience this, until the full on merger with GoTo started, where logging in on the website would jump you to the yellow and black GoTo page.

Any help is appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: LogMeIn Constantly Required 2FA - Even After "Trusting Device"

Hi @sclarke808, welcome to the community.

I located you ticket from May 2023 and it looks like this was a known issue at that time and corrected (to our knowledge), by an update in June 2023. 

1. Have you continued to have this issue since May 2023 or did it stop and then start again recently?
  2. Are you running the latest version of LMI Pro? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
sclarke808
Active Contributor

THanks for the reply.

It seems to have come back in the last 4-5 months. And I am on the newest version of LMI Pro on all devices (Mac, iOS, Windows).

mattcoz
New Contributor

I have the same issue. My device shows up in my list of trusted devices but still requires 2FA every time.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @mattcoz, I am looking into @sclarke808's issue, can you provide more details about your setup? 

Are either of you using a Privacy browser like Brave or an extension like Ghostly that could be clearing the cookie after the session?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
sclarke808
Active Contributor

I'm using Chrome. Update - currently 125.0.6422.142 (Official Build) (arm64)

But this happens to me also on Windows, iOS, and Android so it doesn't matter. Every time I have to 2FA.

mattcoz
New Contributor

I am not, happens in Firefox/Chrome on Windows/Android. When logging in to a new device it doesn't even give me an option to trust the device, but it shows up in my list of trusted devices anyway.