cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LMINerdlet
New Contributor

Cannot make getReport work using LogMeIn Rescue API

Hello, all.

I am using the HttpWebRequest method in VB.Net to generate a report that shows a technician's activity over a period of time. But after I rewrote the sample code "C# with HttpWebRequest" to fit my own needs, the server response keeps giving me the following error:

getReport result: ERROR

The HttpWebRequest server responses  for setReportArea, setDelimiter, setOutput, setReportDate, setReportTime, and setTimeZone methods are coming out fine:

setReportArea result: OK

setDelimiter result: OK

setOutput result: OK

setReportDate result: OK

setReportTime result: OK

setTimezone result: OK

From the LogMeIn Rescue API User Guide's getReport page, a return value of ERROR means, "An unspecified error occurred, such as timeout."

But the HttpWebRequest's status said it was OK (status code: 200). It's just that the server response is returning "ERROR". What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Re: Cannot make getReport work using LogMeIn Rescue API

Hello LMINerdlet!

Thank you for your question. We need more details about your request to be able to give a proper anwser.
Could you share the API request with us? How many technicians do you have in the given area and how long was your date range?

Can you try to call the same report from the Admincenter?

Regards,
Sandor

LMINerdlet
New Contributor

My date range was from 6/19/2018 6:00:00 to 6/20/2018 15:59:59, ReportTime was set from 6:00:00 to 17:00:00, TimeZone is set to -480, ReportArea is set to "0", Delimiter is set to "|", Output is set to "TEXT", Node is set to a Technician's ID #, and NodeRef is set to "NODE".

Do I need my own account at the Admincenter to use the reporting feature from the LogMeIn Rescue API? I haven't made my account yet.

Thank you.

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello again!

What do you mean about you do not have your own account?
Are you an administrator in a Rescue company? If so, you already have the account in the AdminCenter.
You can collect reports using APIs and from the AdminCenter too. I've just wondered wheter you can get the report from the AC using the same parameters.
If you can than the API call is not proper probably. If cannot, than there can be an unusual error in the target report area.

Could you check that report in the AC please? If you cannot get the report, please call our helpdesk.

Regards,
Sandor