cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anon116815
Active Contributor

Unattended Access client listed as "In Session" When I am not connected

I can't connect to a client in my unattended list that I was successfully connected to yesterday.  The unattended status for the client is listed as "In Session"  I ended and closed the session yesterday.   I have no current sessions opened and no way to connect to, or to launch a remote desktop connection with this client.   

I have a another client I use for testing that has the same problem.  I have been using LMI rescue for over a decade and have never had this issue before. 

If anyone has seen this before and can assist in restoring this client's unattended access and preventing future issues please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

7 REPLIES 7
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Unattended Access client listed as "In Session" When I am not connected

Hi @Anon116815 nice to see you! 

In some cases, Unattended Access gets stuck on a computer and the issue can usually be resolved following these steps: 

1. Go to 'services.msc'
  2. Look for the LMI_Rescue_UA or LogMeIn Rescue service on that machine
  3. Right click on the service and select 'properties'
  4. Copy the 'service name'
  5. Open up a command prompt by going to start > run and type 'cmd'
  6. In the command line type 'sc delete' and the 'service name'
  7. Press enter
  8. Reboot the PC
  9. Re-deploy Unattended access on that machine

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Anon116815
Active Contributor

Thank you for your response.  Can this solution that can be completed remotely?  Can I start a new LMI session or will that prevent me from  deleting the correct service?  

I support over 100 clients in this manner.  Many are hours away.      LMI unattended is installed on the desktops before deployment.  I now have 3 desktops at remote locations that have had this issue.  2 are fairly new  rollouts and one has been up for over 2 years and been accessed dozens of times.     This all started in the past month, but never in the 10 years previously.     Seems like something may be creating this issue.  We really need a solution or fix that prevents it from recurring.

Steve

Steve

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Anon116815 appreciate your response. 

If you have RDP access to the unattended computers you should be able to remotely restart the rescue service on that computer, like turning the rescue software off and on again at which point it should reconnect to our servers. 

This experience has been shared with the team. I see that you have a case open with support, you may need to provide logs to the computers that have this issue. 

Anon116815
Active Contributor

I do have another desktop on our domain that has the issue.  I have tried restarting the LMI service on that computer.  It did not resolve the problem.     When it reconnects it is still reporting the client as In Session.   

I do need a solution that I can complete remotely for the other desktops.

Steve

DMJohn

We have having the exact same issue at our company with our accounts.  Says I am currently in a session with a remote PC, but I am not.  I am unable to log in using unattended access, nor is anyone else.  I have found that I can access the remote PC by using the "Connect On LAN" tab and searching for the PC name.  This is a problem that should be addressed and fixed for us customers.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@DMJohn welcome to the GoTo Community. 

Our team is currently investigating this issue and I have shared your experience with them.  Thanks very much for your report (and workaround). I apologize for the inconvenience. If the team needs further information, I will reach out to you. 

shaunvis1

Any update on this? I have this happening at least once a week now.

Restarting the remote computer doesn't fix it. The only thing I've been able to do is have my clients connect me manually and reinstall it