Forum Discussion

BCSTech
Active Contributor
12 months ago

Issues connecting with DPI-SSL enabled

Our company utilizes DPI-SSL (SSL Inspection) on the perimeter firewall.  For quite some time we have had the issue occur where someone attempts to connect to a PC that it outside of our network and they are given an error message that they are unable to connect.  My workaround has been (as it occurs) to manually exclude the hostnames associated with the certificates being issued to the computer.  They all the same pattern of ".lmi-app**-**.logmein.com" (Examples:  *.lmi-app26-03.logmein.com / *.lmi-app24-02.logmein.com).  I've attempted to contact support to gain a listing of all hostnames that follow that pattern, but they say they cannot provide that info.  I'm unable to perform a double wildcard (*.*.logmein.com).  Any suggestions as to how to gain this list of hostnames?  Thanks in advance!

• Hi BCSTech

I am looking into this for you at moment, have you tried placing the wildcard between "app" and ".logmein.com ?

BCSTech
      Active Contributor

Our firewall doesn't support double wildcard (*.*.logmein.com) or wildcards within the URL (connect.*.logmein.com).  I can only do a wildcard at the beginning of the URL (*.connect.logmein.com).