Forum Discussion

AndrewH85
Active Contributor
5 years ago

Screen Blanking not working after Windows 10 2004

Microsoft has pushed out Windows 10 2004 to my workstations in our office and now screen blanking no longer works. 

My employee's are working remotely and rely on screen blanking for privacy. My company handles many sensitive items and this issue is causing havoc as I'm now having to move computers to new locations to protect information. 

Worst still LogMeIn has no detection method to caution the user that screen blanking is not working. Employee's are at home looking at confidential information for anyone in our office to see thinking the screen blanking is working unless informed by someone in the office. 

I've tried most of the fixes people would normally do, update drivers, enable disable hardware acceleration, remove and reinstall monitor drivers, display adapters. I've tried AMD, Intel, and Nvidia Graphics cards and the issue remains. 

I opened the support case 13356680 but that did not really provide any resolution and i was directed to call in. I talked with an agent where we looked at a few different items but found no resolution. In talking with development I was told 2004 is beta and unsupported???  Considering the size of LMI I would think you guys would be testing on the preview channel's to head off issues like this.

Does anyone else have the issue?

Has anyone figured out a workaround other than rollback of a system to the 1909 version? 

Is there any eta on a fix?

AshC
    4 years ago

Thanks for your patience everyone. 

We've released an update that fixes the screen blanking failure for hosts running Windows v2004 and higher.  Please upgrade affected PCs to LogMeIn host software 4.1.0.14344 in order to activate the new screen blanking method. 

Anon21108
    Active Contributor

HELLO LOGMEIN!! Why has there been NO ACTION on this? This feature has been broken for months! This is a paid product and we expect it to work. This feature is critical to many of us. WE NEED AN ANSWER! Silence on your part is not acceptable. 

tabakdds
      Active Contributor
      Totally agree. Unacceptable at this point
        cbs01
        Visitor

What's the deal here?  The next build of Windows 10 is already released.  Behind the 8 ball on this one.  

• This is a temporary fix. 

Instruction for getting control of the “Blank Screen” function in LMI.

1. Navigate to Device Manager.
    2. Right click on “Intel UHD Graphics 630. ( Your Graphics card might differ)
    3. Disable the device. (don’t worry, you don’t need this enabled to connect via LMI).
    4. Restart your workstation
    5. Connect back via LMI.
    6. “Blank Screen” is now working. (only one screen is displayed.  multi-screen setup is addressed in step 8).
    7. Go back to Device Manager >Intel UHD Graphics 630 > Right Click > Enable Device.
    8. Finally,  click on your LMI Options > Click Monitors > Multi-Monitor. (this is if you have a multi screen setup)

DONE!

Now you can toggle the “Blank Screen” box with no issues. 

NOTE: These settings will keep during “Sign Out” and if your PC goes to “Sleep”.  However, if you reboot, then these settings will be lost.

This appears to be a Graphics card driver issue. 

This was performed on an HP600 with an Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Possibly Rolling back your Graphics cards drivers to the 1903 version will fix this problem. I have not yet tested rolling back .

bcredeur
      Active Contributor

I'm glad you found something but this isn't a great solution for mass deployments 😞 

VALucas
      New Contributor

Hi Rubix, or any other user more knowledgeable than I, am I navigating to the device manager on the HOST computer or the Remotely Controlled Computer?  (I hope I'm getting these terms right.)

Awise_Neo
    Active Contributor

We have 1000 licenses. I had no idea until now that this feature was broken.

@Logmein This is a serious issue as screen blanking is used for security and privacy purposes. This is a major breach in customer trust with your company. The fact that a notice was not sent out to users and it has taken this long to fix is unacceptable, especially considering the cost of using your product. I will actually be sending this information to the media and hopefully a story will break that will adversely affect LMI share value. I propose everyone do the same. If paying clients can't put pressure on LMI, maybe the shareholders could.

bpritch
    Active Contributor

I just upgraded to Version 4.1.14344 and it is now working on Windows 10 v20H2. 

tabakdds
      Active Contributor
      Yes, the blanking of the screen is working But the mouse cursor is not working properly. The mouse looks like it’s “trails”. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?
      Side note - I have 2 monitors attached
      Thank you in advance
        bpritch
        Active Contributor
        Yes, my mouse pointer is doin the same. I can deal with that issue if the screen is now blank.
      PPalette
      Active Contributor

so upgrade on the host computer?  

GregErnest
        New Contributor

Where can I find the update installation program?

• We have also noticed recently that some users screens are not blanked out. We have recently been upgrading userrs PCs to Windows 10, update 2004 and it does appear to be those PCs that are affected. We have had to go around the office and turn everyones monitor off. Do we know if a fix will be applied soon? 

AndrewH85
      Active Contributor

Mark,

They did not give me any indication of a time frame for a fix. When I called they still considered 2004 to be in preview/beta yet it was released.

I've tried lots of things to resolve the issue from my end but it ended up being frutiless. Rollback was about the only thing that worked. 

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

I apologize for the delays in supporting Windows 10 V2004, and expect an update regarding Central services very soon.  

Thanks for your patience. 

tonyv1
        Active Contributor

HI - When is this update coming? It has been almost 3 months and we are still having the same issue. 

marcj100
    New Contributor

We also have the same issue, thankfully we only updated 4 PCs in our organisation before we noticed the issue, however the length of time taken by LogMeIn to resolve this issue is unacceptable!

Please can we have an update and expected release date of fix AshC ?

KimK1
    New Contributor

I have the same issue. Very frustrating.

KimK1
      New Contributor
      My dual monitors work if we turn off the monitors though.
  • From August to December - can anyone from logmein advise of a fix on this please.

Awise_Neo
        Active Contributor

We're all still waiting for this.

How Logmein cannot even release a statement or update to this issue is equally frustrating. Their silence is concerning.

dskcpa
    New Contributor

Six months later and it still isn't working.  When is it reasonable to expect a response and fix?

ISHelpdesk
    New Contributor

We found this issue on one of our 1909 machines.  Still searching for a fix.

Anon21108
      Active Contributor

There is no fix. It's a Logmein problem that they have known about since August and have still not fixed even though they keep saying it's coming soon. Soon apparently means more than 6 months. It's getting ridiculous and some of us are starting to look for alternatives. 

ISHelpdesk
        New Contributor

I found a possible fix.  Since we use Dell machines and my machine doesn't have this issue.  Dell's site says that the install of the DPMS didn't work, because the user needed elevated credentials.  I went to LogMeIn's site looking for the DPMS driver, but was only able to find instructions on removing it.  I called support and they said I needed to create a page with the blanking option selected.  He was not able to tell me where the package was saved.  He remotely looked and was not able to find the file, so he is going to check with his upper level support and call me back.  We are running on Windows version 1909 not 2004.  He told me it doesn't work on 2004, but my machine is running 1909 and it works fine.  Waiting his return call at this point.