Forum Discussion

dribble12
Active Contributor
5 years ago

With no monitors at host computer, client gets black screen

With no host monitors there is only a blank screen at the client computer. None of our LogMeIn installs have a mirror driver installed. What needs to change to allow people to see two displays remotely?

HAWA
    5 years ago

Ok, got some information on this from LogMeIn support. If you want to run the workstation to be accessed with no monitors, but want dual (or more) monitor support remotely, then you can use Headless Monitor Emulators plugged in where your 2nd (or more) monitors would be plugged-in. I haven't tried yet, but I did order the emaulators on amazon. You can get 3-packs for under $20 depending on port type.

HAWA
    Active Contributor

Watching this, I have the same question. Is LogMeIn pro able to have dual monitor at the remote site without monitors connected to the workststaion being accessed?

dribble12
      Active Contributor

I spent some time on hold with LogMeIn and found out the answer is no. You must have at least one monitor at the host. If you want to see two monitors at the client side, you'll need two monitors at the host. 

It's not the answer I wanted to hear.

HAWA
        Active Contributor

Ok, got some information on this from LogMeIn support. If you want to run the workstation to be accessed with no monitors, but want dual (or more) monitor support remotely, then you can use Headless Monitor Emulators plugged in where your 2nd (or more) monitors would be plugged-in. I haven't tried yet, but I did order the emaulators on amazon. You can get 3-packs for under $20 depending on port type.