Forum Discussion

Sufiyaaan
Active Contributor
2 years ago

Device stuck on "In session"

So, I was working on a device and had to restart it.

Once I restarted, it got stuck in to "In session".

Now I cannot use it because its stuck and I cannot even connect to "Remote terminal" to restart it using CMD. 

I cannot physically go to that device to unplug it from power source.

Is there any other way to restart it through GoTo Resolve?

• Dear Sufiyaaan CMFK JodiAliceRecep 

I'd like to give a quick update on the case.

It seems we have found the root cause of showing devices "in-session" incorrectly.

We have validate the fix on dev environment and we will release the fix to live in the next couple of days.

Thanks for your patient.

Br,

Robi

GoTo_Robi
    GoTo Contributor

Hi,

"In-session" status means that you have an active connection to the given device.  It could be that it stuck (we can check if you send some details), but even it is in session status you should be able to initiate both a terminal session (terminal session and remote support session can exist next to each other) or a new remote session (the new session will kick out the previous session).

So, I suggest initiating a new session to the device. If you can not connect via either terminal orremote support session then please send some device details, your companyID or email so we can troubleshoot.

Br,

Robi

Sufiyaaan
      Active Contributor

I cannot re-initiate the remote support or even start terminal.

I can assure that no one is connected to that device currently.

Device details are attached and you can contact me on - sufiyan_patel@skyservice.com

JodiAliceRecep
        Active Contributor

I have also experienced this issue.  No one is in the session, but it still says "in session."  Sometimes I can re-connect remotely, sometimes I can't.  It would very nice to have the "reset session" tool that was in GoToAssist.