Forum Discussion

StevenJP
Active Contributor
2 years ago

macOS Unattended download .PKG file Bundle identifier

I am using an MDM solution that allows me to add macOS PKG application install files to enable the automated roll-out of software to enrolled devices which reduce the admin burden on device setups.

The MDM solution requires that the uploaded application file is .PKG file format, and also requires a Bundle identifier/software version to be added to a couple of fields during the setup or it simply won't work.

Is it possible to get this information so I can upload the PKG file into the MDM solution and push out the software remotely?

Ari0
    New Contributor

Hello there,

We are having the exact same issue with Intune. There are several bundleIDs within the .PKG. This no longer installs on our mac devices with the error "One or more apps contain invalid bundleIDs. (0x87D13BA2)". After following documentation on Microsofts troubleshooting page, it was recommended to remove all bundleIDs apart from the gotoresolveinstaller bundleID. Intune now shows the app has installed but devices aren't appearing in the list of devices on the resolve console.  The purple go to icon doesnt appear on the macs either. I've never had this much bother with an app install and theres little to no documentation on the GoTo website.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi StevenJP can you try going into your account, click on Devices and then Add device in the top right corner. You can then download the PKG file which is tied to your account.

StevenJP
      Active Contributor
      Hi Kate.

I know that, however the MDM solution requires the bundle identifier to be able to add the .pkg file and that is what I do not have.
        GoTo_Robi
        GoTo Contributor

Hi StevenJP ,

Sorry for late reply.

Bundle Id for Resolve Unattended: com.goto.resolve-unattended.ui
        Latest version: 1.9.1.1752

If you have any questions or need more information please ping me directly and I will help.

Br,

Robi