Forum Discussion

zmmeyer
New Contributor
4 years ago

Unattended Computer disappearing from GoToAssist?

Hi all -

Over the past few weeks, we have had a computer disappear from out Unattended Support list. This has happened multiple times and it is always the same computer. Each time this happens, we have to go to the location and reinstall the program.

GoToAssist is still on the PC and running when we arrive on site, so it appears to just be disappearing from our Unattended support list. I have tried full uninstalls/reinstalls using Revo uninstaller, but still have not had any luck. Anyone have any ideas? It's getting really old 😓

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

zmmeyer   Was the affected PC re-imaged from another one in the recent past? 

zmmeyer
      New Contributor

Hi Ash!

This PC was not re-imaged from another one. We've actually had this PC in production for a couple years now and this issue just popped up.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Does it happen to have the same nickname as another Unattended device? 

If not, then we may need to look into the G2A log files on that computer to see when / where it's going offline.  

bharrison
      New Contributor

Does anyone know what the impact would be of re-imaging a PC on how it effects this issue? We are experiencing this on a PC that was recently re-imaged. Is there a way to avoid this?

• We are running 4.8 and I have noticed recently that multiple new computers have disappeared from my device list. These computers all have the same Windows 10 image installed, but GoToAssist is installed after renaiming the computer and rebooting. I see them on my list, can connect to them, but then in a few days they are gone.

This is causing major problems. Is there a work around for this? Is this still an issue in v5?

GlennD
      GoTo Manager

Hi jpPRL, welcome to the community.

Besides using the same Windows 10 image do they also use all of the same hardware? Do you have access to any of these computers? 

It would be helpful to know if the Unattended software is still running on them and in the system tray. If you right-click the system tray icon and select 

Unattended Access > Device Group Info, what does it show?