Forum Discussion

Rock Creek Solu
Active Contributor
12 years ago

Allow Multiple Customers to Be Assigned the Same Incident

Often (especially with service requests), the incident will directly impact more than one customer. In addition, several of our incidents involve a team at a customer location -- so that the incident needs to be distributed to all of the team members as it progresses to conclusion.

I would like to see the ability to add multiple-customers (especially from the same company) to a ticket -- not just by attaching them as "Affected Items" -- but truly adding them as Customers to the ticket. In this manner, when I update the ticket or resolve the ticket, each customer would be notified of the response or resolution. In addition, if I have the restriction that customer's can only view their own tickets, then this would permit these "multiple-customer" tickets to be more widely viewed.
  • Hi, is there any progress on this feature as adding more than one customer to an incident I think is essential.  Many of the calls we receive may come from one customer but affect two or three.
    Thank you. Kirsty
    Bcshay
    Active Contributor
    According to ITIL that's called problem management. Have you tried using it in the service desk?
  • Hi Luke Grimstrup

Is there any further information on implementing this essential feature?

Thank you