Forum Discussion

GoTo_FAQs
New Contributor
3 years ago

How do I change the name displayed on the phone?

I want to change the name displayed for a phone so it is easier to identify.

• Please note that before you can change the name displayed on a phone, you need to be an Admin.

• Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
    • Select Devices in the left sidebar and then select the device that needs a new name.
    • From Settings > General Settings, enter the desired label (name) in the Display Name field.
    • Select Save.
    • Power cycle the phone to apply the changes.

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Please note that before you can change the name displayed on a phone, you need to be an Admin.

• Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
    • Select Devices in the left sidebar and then select the device that needs a new name.
    • From Settings > General Settings, enter the desired label (name) in the Display Name field.
    • Select Save.
    • Power cycle the phone to apply the changes.

mkeaton
      Frequent Contributor

Hello! Sorry to resurrect this old thread but this isn't working for our phones. Using the Yea-link T54W - Display name should be the users name + Ext (shown below), however recently I added a line 2 (no ring) button to each users phone deskphone, now the device name shows "Line 2" instead of their device name. The phones are power over Ethernet, unplugging the device for 20+ minutes and plugging it back in, display name still shows Line 2 in the upper left of the phones display.

Settings:

What the phone shows:

Have tried rebooting at the device, from the admin site, resync'd.. What I haven't tried re-provisioning, resetting the phone to factory.

It did this for everyone I added a Line 2 (no ring) button - 10 + users - all their desk phones now show this as their display name.

Any  suggestions? Would re-provisioning, resetting the phone to factory be something to try? and would it mess anything up? TY in advance!

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi mkeaton ,

I reached out to the team for assistance with this, Yealink has different ways of displaying that data depending on the model, and we would need to check the phones label source. 

Would you be able to PM me the  MAC address of the devices where the changes were made? 

To PM me, click on KateG on the left, and you will see an option to message on the next screen, on the top right.