Forum Discussion

kspackman
New Contributor
3 months ago

"Old" Softphone Experience on Desktop is better

The old softphone experience on a desktop was better.  When on the phone and viewing other windows a smaller window and control panel appeared in the upper right corner of the screen so that you could still view the call and press buttons as needed for automated answering systems or whatever.  Even to hang up the call is difficult when you have to go find the app and select it before you can hang up.  Having a GoTo window always at the front of the desktop when on a call is extremely helpful when you have to reference information from your computer during the call and still maintain control of the phone to press the buttons, hang up or otherwise.  Please bring this functionality back with the "New" Softphone Experience, since the "Old" Softphone Experience is no longer available.

• Hi kspackman

Hi! Welcome to the GoTo Community, thanks for sharing your experience. I moved your post as it's better suited for discussion. Our team appreciated your feedback

We are working on improving your experience and recommend trying out the New Softphone “mini mode” along  with the option offered to Pin the softphone window.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi kspackman

Hi! Welcome to the GoTo Community, thanks for sharing your experience. I moved your post as it's better suited for discussion. Our team appreciated your feedback

We are working on improving your experience and recommend trying out the New Softphone “mini mode” along  with the option offered to Pin the softphone window.

bchilcoat
      New Contributor

the old softphone is SOOOO much better. 

I can have my email up on one screen and have the app up behind it. 

I can dial. see voice mails. 

i can see my favorites clearly. 

i can see call history. 

i can see parked calls at the top of app 

I can see a box pop up on the right hand corner with caller ID so i know who is calling or if i need to pick up. 

i work in a small office and sometimes im 2nd or 3rd person who needs to answer the phone. i don't always answer but i need to be able to if the others are on the line. 

I need the sidebar to see if those people are on the line or not. 

The NEW way i have been able to somewhat make it work is having the pop out dialer window BUT it is not working well for me. 

first of all, when a call comes in, it disturbs any email i am typing... it just STOPS IT. 

the old app did NOT stop my from typing. the caller is just popped up on the right hand side of the screen. 

also, the quick dial at the bottom are WAY too big of icons and i cant even read the names. 

now i cant easily see who is on the phone, who has called, voicemails and parks. 

plus it interrupts whatever i am doing on BOTH monitors. 

This app is terrible now and im sure many more are not happy with it. 

i have avoided updating the app because the new version does NOT have the features i want or need to do my job effectively and efficiently. 

Please let me know any of my issues can be updated visually or options given in the setting to use older style layout and setup. 

bchilcoat
        New Contributor

Another issue with the window option for the dialer is when a coworker PARKS a call, i can't Dial out....

also, when i use the mini view for the dialer window i can't use the keypad to select options when prompted from automated systems. so i cant select someone's extensions or departments when prompted from the companies automated attendant. 

Please fix these issues. 

kspackman
      New Contributor

Thank you KateG.  while I still like the micro window on the "Old" experience better, this works for the "New" experience.