Forum Discussion

ksmethers
Active Contributor
13 days ago

Status questions - Available when logged out & Away allows calls to ring through

Hello,

We are very new to GoTo Connect. We've discovered a couple of oddities and I am wondering if there are work arounds. I've looked through the admin portal and combed the help sections online, even reached to our Onboarding contact, but I don't see a fix, explanation or workaround. Maybe I just missed it.

• Using the Teams plug-in, the status will be available (green) even though the user has closed Teams, quit both the Teams and GoTo for Teams plugin app within the Windows 10 System Tray. Shouldn't it show the status as offline? 
  • A user chose an Away status so she could go to lunch, but calls rang through. Seems like Away status would go straight to voicemail.

I gave Kudos to one of the other discussions/suggestions about overriding the "Calendar Event" status. We rely heavily on the phone statuses to know who is online and who is not. Specially with everyone's hybrid schedules.

Thank you.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi ksmethers

Welcome to the GoTo Community.  Thank you for your feedback. 

• Enhancements are coming to the Teams feature that will address your concern with appearing offline.  This is expected to be updated by the end of the year. This idea post addresses this and will be updated when it's available. 
    • If you want calls to go straight to voicemail, you should select "Do not Disturb." I hear that setting to 'Away' may confuse someone into thinking it will go to voicemail and will share this feedback with the team.                                                                         

ksmethers
      Active Contributor

Hi Kate,

With testing today, the issue with the status staying "Available" even though the user has logged out of their computer is not only happening in Teams but the desktop app as well. So let me ask this, what is GoTo's concept concerning statuses? We were under the impression that the statuses were there to indicate whether a user was Available so taking calls, DND so not taking calls, out of the office (Away - so not taking calls) or offline due to PTO (so not taking calls). And when not taking calls, an inbound call would go straight to voicemail. I look forward to hearing back.

Cheers. 

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi ksmethers

I'm getting assistance from the team. Could you verify if you are managing a call queue?