Forum Discussion

jarancio
Active Contributor
8 months ago

Softphone dialing URL for external applications

I’m most interested in a URL dialing string for making calls from GoTo.

Examples of these values from other systems are:

rcapp://r/call?number=[PhoneNumber]   (Ring Central)

callto:[PhoneNumber]   (Teams)

Could GoTo provide this for the softphone to dial from other applications on the PC?

•  

jarancio 

The feedback I got is that it seems like a bad configuration. The devices tab in the Admin Portal needs to have the device with you assigned to it. Once this is done you will be able to select the desk phone in the line selector of the Desktop app and this will trigger calls ringing the desk phone.
    KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi jarancio Welcome to the GoTo Community 

Currently, we support the tel:+12345678900 format which should provide a Softphone dialing URL for external applications. 

jarancio
      Active Contributor

This got the softphone dialing:

tel:[PhoneNumber]

Very helpful.

Is there a way to make the softphone connect with the polycom phone?  I was able to pick which device (softphone or physical phone) dialed when using the Chrome Extension.  Is a similar capability possible with the softphone or does that just work via the PC?

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi jarancio, There is! 

From the extensions selector (bottom left of the Voice section) you should see 2 options for any extension with a physical phone linked. e.g. 0412 on Softphone or 0412 on Polycom VVX

By selecting the option on Polycom it will sync the app up with your desk phone, so if you receive a call it will appear in the app and if you initiate a call in the app it will be triggered on the desk phone.