Forum Discussion

EyeOn
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cannot register using Internet Explorer 11

Hi Everyone,

Invitees of my webinar complain that they cannot register if they use Internet Explorer 11. Registration page is "loading" endlessly. For other browsers (e.g. Edge, Chrome, etc.) it works fine. The issue is only with Internet Explorer. How this can be fixed? Thanks

• I'm sorry we have no remaining support for Internet Explorer web browsers.  There may be odd behavior if IE is used for scheduling, registering, or joining webinars that we cannot predict due to lack of testing and support from Microsoft.  The browser MS continues to update will be Edge for Windows (this is based upon a Chrome framework and is free to download). 

AstridH
    Active Contributor

I have the same issue here. Wouldn't say it's a security setting because it worked fine a few weeks ago...

Very sad to read that this is an issue and hope that this will be resolved soon, as many of our customers are using internet explorer as their default browser and won't register for our webinars if they cannot access the registration page from the first time..

• I was just notified of the same issues with a registration page.  I'll advise to switch to Edge or something else but, with the older crowd, they will keep using IE until it no longer exists.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi EyeOn,

While most newer systems will have moved to Microsoft Edge instead of Explorer, they should both be compatible. 

Are you using a regular GoToWebinar registration link to promote the event?

Are you able to reproduce the same behavior on your own Internet Explorer browser?  What is seen when the registration page is reached?

EyeOn
      New Contributor

AshC ,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the issue appears using a regular GoToWebinar registration link. Yes, I've checked it with several different laptops: the issue persists while using Internet Explorer 11, however the same link works normally with other browsers. The page is just loading endlessly as shown on the attached picture.

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Hi,

I just tested a regular webinar registration link with IE 11 (v11.1016.18362.0), on Windows 10 and was able to register successfully. The issue may be related to a security setting in IE11, are you using Windows 10 or an older version?

With Microsoft announcing that they will stop support IE11 next year support will begin to be phased out and users should start to about Edge or another web browser.