Forum Discussion

LesterA
3 years ago

Unable to extend existing on demand webinar

Hello!  I have an existing on demand webinar that I created on 1/4/2021.  I would like to extend it's availability date.  They currently expire 1/4/2022. 

The webinar contains training content and the URLs are published to both internal and external stakeholders.   I understand that I can "copy" a webinar, however, I would like to continue to use the existing URLs as they have already been widely published an distributed.  I would hate for the stakeholders to click on their links and find them expired.  Keeping the same URLs would also save my team a lot of work in updating various documentation that point to the existing webinar URLs.

At the time of webinar creation, I was able to use the furthest out date possible that the UI would allow me to (i.e. 1/4/2022).  However, now that the expiration date is drawing near, I'm trying to get a head start to extend it further.  

When I edit the existing webinar, I get this option:

When I click the "Ends Next Day" link (which is really the entire box), the UI gives me options to modify the original Session 1 Start Date or add new sessions. 

In my attempts to add another session (e.g. Start Date = 1/4/2022), I get a "Webinar Update Failed" message.

I also try to add another session with a start date of something prior to the current webinar end date (e.g. Start Date = 11/17/2021) but still receive the same Webinar Update Failed message.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm not sure if GoToWebinar just caps any webinar to be no longer than one (1) year from the original webinar creation date or if there truly are options to extend a non-expired on demand webinar further.

Thank you!

=====
I've seen two other posts on this topic but neither solution worked for me:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Extend-On-Demand-Webinar-Timings/m-p/220775

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Extend-past-webinar/m-p/208100

KateG
    9 months ago

Hi DBockmore welcome to the GoTo Community. 

At this time, you can not extend on-demand webinars past one year from the original date. I do hear that you desire to have a longer time frame and will pass this feedback to the team. 

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

LesterA  I'm afraid this may be a limitation of the GoToWebinar scheduling system currently, where each event can only last 1 year in length (from date of scheduling).  I will however, double check with the team to see if there are any solutions to this in the future. 

AO-PGS
      Active Contributor

Hi.

We are seeing the same issue as well. The interesting thing is that I did set an extension to most of our webinars last year. The example below had a start date of Aug 21, 2020 and in the summer of 2021 I extended it to July 1, 2022.
      I wanted to extend all webinars again now but was not able to. This is critical for us as we have a big catalog of webinars that are linked to an on-demand library on our website. Recreating all these in GTW and reconnecting everything is really not an option...

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

AO-PGS  After the 1 year period has passed live webinars cannot be extended or rescheduled at this time.  However if you have the original registration link and have tied the cloud recording to that webinar, then using the reg link will still take attendees to the recorded broadcast after filling out the required questions. 

AO-PGS
      Active Contributor

Hi

Are there any updates on the ability to extend the scheduling of current webinars? We have a big number of webinars that will expire during June/July 2022. There would be a lot of work involved if all these need to be cloned and relinked to our website's Hubspot forms. I assume we are not the only customer who find this problamatic?

regards

Anders

AO-PGS
        Active Contributor

Hi 

Any updates on this issue?

thanks

Anders

• Did anyone find a resolution for this?  We have large library that is due to expire end of Jan and this is frustrating that we can no longer move these dates out.

KateG
      GoTo Moderator

Hi DBockmore welcome to the GoTo Community. 

At this time, you can not extend on-demand webinars past one year from the original date. I do hear that you desire to have a longer time frame and will pass this feedback to the team.