Forum Discussion

excessive
9 days ago

App compatibility issues with Windows 8

Is anyone else running Windows 8 having issues with the desktop app?  I have been having a issue since I believe Desktop app v1.25.4 that if the app updated I would than get a windows error of "The app cant run on your pc, check with software publisher".  I than would have to uninstall and reinstall the program from the website (I assume was a older version) as it would work again as long as I didn't update.  It must have forced updated over the weekend and if I try to reinstall its doing the same thing(assume the website now has the newest version).  

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi excessive

Welcome to the GoTo Community. 

This is a windows error message. Because the system requirements for the desktop app are Windows 10 or later you may have issues. 

You may want to review this article with some troubleshoots and This article from Microsoft about a Compatibility tab that may help with the Windows error message, however this may not resolve the issue if you don't meet the system requirements. 

excessive

I talked to someone in customer support and she told me it was still supported with Windows 8 and she has alot of users not have any issues with it.... guess we will have to be looking into updating this PC