Forum Discussion

bdwhit2
New Contributor
4 years ago

Black screen from Mac host

This has been a common topic over the years.  I am running Windows 10 Enterprise at work.  I have a Mac desktop at home running Big Sur.  Over the past several months, whenever I try to access my home computer (the Mac) from my office computer, it's 50/50 on whether I can see and use the Mac or simply get a black screen.  About 2-3 weeks ago, I was able to access my Mac.  This week, it's just the blank screen.  Actually, a couple of days ago, I could see the menu bar and the wallpaper on my Mac but couldn't see or use any apps.  I attempted to fix that and now I only see a black screen.  Any suggestions?

• bdwhit2  You may need to manually allow-list everything related to LogMeIn on the Mac host. 

Please try this method when you are physically in front of the host:  In System Preferences:  Privacy & Security section, Privacy tab, ensure that LMGUIAgent is checked under "Screen Recording"

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

bdwhit2  You may need to manually allow-list everything related to LogMeIn on the Mac host. 

Please try this method when you are physically in front of the host:  In System Preferences:  Privacy & Security section, Privacy tab, ensure that LMGUIAgent is checked under "Screen Recording"

Macsterguy
      Active Contributor

This solution simply does not work for the M1 Mac. If the host screen / display is set to turn off (go black) in system preferences than LogMeIn (Central) does not take the Host Mac display out of this dark mode. Even though you are connected, all you see is a black screen. The Mac responds to the login BUT the Display does not...

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Macsterguy  Have you tried disabling the screen blanking mode? 

bdwhit2
      New Contributor

Thank you!  That seems to have solved the problem.