Forum Discussion

jcaustin
Active Contributor
5 years ago

Mac OS Big Sur compatibility issue

With Mac OS 11 I can control the the Screen of the remote Mac, but when I click on the File manager Logmein crashes.  Any Help would be greatly appreciated. 

bradhs
    Active Contributor
    Same problem... Anyone have a solution to this?
  • Same issue.  

I use LogMeIn for support and desperately need this feature to work!

Right now, I have to use a Windows client to connect to the target computer just to transfer files!

tjiww
        New Contributor

Hey it's been 22 days or so.. can we use LogMeIn Client to connect to Windows machines for basic remote control?  Mac OS Big Sur is out today.

Thanks so much for any reply you can take time to share.

PMLouis
    Active Contributor

Hi  AshC  ,

According to me i cannot see the windows when i get access to the mac Laptop with Mac OS big Sur. 

Before this version i could easily get access to this laptop.

In this Picture, you will only see the menu on the top but you cannot see any windows that are actually opened on the laptop. 

How can you help me solve this issue ?

PMLouis
      Active Contributor

Hi AshC ,

It works for me now, It was a security problem, Logmein had to be approuved before having access and we didn't see that.

Thank you !

Quentin_T
    New Contributor

Hello,

Since the official release of macOS BigSur. Colleagues and I are unable to take control of a computer remotely.

My computer is in macOS BigSur, the LogMeIn software works perfectly, except for remote controls.

When I click on the button to take control, the software freezes and I am forced to Force Quit.

PS: I even tried with Beta software

Do you have a solution to this problem?

A patch is planned soon?

Regards,

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Quentin_T  Please try the beta version available in the solution of this thread.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Quentin_T  After you installed the beta update linked in this thread, what was your exact experience?

Aries_LMI
    New Contributor

A few  basics:

• I'm using a corporate license and have no control over the technician console
    • I can't speak on behalf of the company
    • I've already alerted our IT for investigation on their end
    • I've confirmed the issue on M1 and Intel Mac running the stated OS as well as within Parallels on an Intel Mac
    • Technician console is running in Windows 10

Essentially, once the LMI.app is downloaded and the client attempts to launch it, nothing happens. You get the launch animation and that's it. I've checked in the System Monitor (?) and don't see LMI hiding in the background. I've tried enabling/disabling the OS' firewall as well as adding the applet to the white list. I've tried pre-adding LMI to the appropriate permissions. My instincts point me to the fact that the random PIN prevents LMI from being used from the App store, but that wasn't an issue with Beta nor 11.0.1.

Aries_LMI
      New Contributor

Just adding that I Did successfully connect to an Intel MacOS 11.1 device today without issue, so now I'm a little confused as to what may be wrong.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Aries_LMI  The Accessibility permissions on Mac should be the only hurdle to overcome there.  Agents using Rescue to connect from Macs should utilize the beta version we just released (in this thread).