DT111
Active Contributor
8 years ago
New

I would like to be able to email the Chat Log transcript to my customer

If I have a conversation with a customer over chat, then I would like to be able to send them the Chat via email. Or give them, or myself, the ability to save it locally even after I end the session. 
Is there somewhere I can find the chats after the session has ended?

DT111
    Active Contributor
    I already use the Session Notes for other things. 
    And that is just one more thing I would have to remember to do before the session is ended.
    Looks like others have wanted it going on 2 years now. Do any of our ideas get back to the developers?
    I would think appending the chat log into the Session Notes automatically would be a great addition. 
  • We keep a copy of our chat logs by copying to note pad before we end the session. You can save directly on the customer computer in notepad (windows key + r, then type notepad.exe), or to your own. I save to my own, then copy/paste from note pad to email as it formats nicely that way. Takes all of 10 seconds to do the entire copy/paste/save.

Be sure you copy notepad before the customer disconnects.

Darcy, Cloudeight
    troglotech
    Active Contributor
    That's a pretty rude and crude solution to say the least. Too prone to human error. IMHO, Citrix should handle this transparently and automatically.