cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Add call control on headsets

Add call control on headsets

Staff is not able to receive calls from their headset when using the softphone.  This limits their ability to perform tasks away from their monitor in order to accept or make a call.  I understand security concerns are prohibiting this functionality.   Are there any tools available to mitigate this issue and to allow call control? 

19 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

jstrittmatter
Active Contributor

It is excellent that GoTo has reviewed all the headset posts on here, but there needs to be a serious solution ASAP!!!!

This feature is critical to our day-to-day operations, and I am not sure how much longer we can continue with just having this reviewed.  Instead of developing a new softphone experience, you work with a headset manufacturer like Yealink to get a fully functioning softphone.  The gimmicky softphone experience may be nice, but it is not people's most crucial issue with the softphone.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Accepted

@jstrittmatter @JT5365 this feature has recently made available, check out this article for more information. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Delivered

JT5365
Active Contributor

Thank you for the update KateG.  We recently purchased some Yealink WH63 UC's, but I don't see these on the list of campatible devices.  Has this set  been tested?

jstrittmatter
Active Contributor

Thanks for the update, but the document you link only allows you to select your headset for audio there is no mention of call controls.  I have a WH66 headset, and it cannot control calls from the headset.  

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Screenshot 2023-03-31 152912.png@jstrittmatter do you see the option to enable Headset controls in your settings? 

jstrittmatter
Active Contributor

There is no headset control.  I am running version 0.358.0 3.35.1

jstrittmatter_0-1680358981393.png

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@jstrittmatter My apologies. While the feature is in the work, it has not been rolled out to all customers at this time. I will be sure to update this thread once it's available to all. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Accepted