cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Add call control on headsets

Add call control on headsets

Staff is not able to receive calls from their headset when using the softphone.  This limits their ability to perform tasks away from their monitor in order to accept or make a call.  I understand security concerns are prohibiting this functionality.   Are there any tools available to mitigate this issue and to allow call control? 

19 Comments
jstrittmatter
Active Contributor

Kate,

I you need some testers of the headset call control, please let me know.  I have about 60 users who are anxiously awaiting this feature to be rolled out.  

Thanks

Justin

mlipp
Visitor

We are also looking for this solution to be rolled out ASAP.  Aside from the call controls not working at all on my Jabra Evolve2 65 connected to my Jabra Link 380, the worst part is my headset doesn't know that I'm on a call when using the GoTo Connect Softphone.  When I'm on a call on my Softphone, and I get an incoming call on my cellphone, the audio in my headset cuts over to the ringing inbound call. I have to quickly deny the call on my cell to get back to my original call.

If you need testers for this feature as the previous user mentioned, I'd love to sign up

jstrittmatter
Active Contributor

@KateG 

The GoTo app resource center bubble mentions headset controls but there was never an update to the app, as I am still running 0.373.3.35.1.  Here is what is said in the resource center.

1. New! Headset device controls

Your USB headset devices will now be automatically detected and connected to the GoTo App! Simply use hardware shortcuts from your headset during calls. Learn more ›

Try it in settings
jstrittmatter
Active Contributor

@KateG 

When will this update be available?

mlipp
Visitor

Also curious when this update will be available 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@JT5365@mlipp I don't have a timeline yet on when this feature is available for everyone, but have let the team know and will post an update as soon as I learn more.   

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Accepted

jstrittmatter
Active Contributor

What does the status of accepted mean?  Any timeline on this yet?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @jstrittmatter, Accepted means this is being worked on, once a feature is released we update the status to Delivered and a notification is sent out to community members that Kudoed or commented on the Idea.