cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boyd B.
Contributor

Browser support for Console

What browsers are supported by GoToResolve Console (https://console.gotoresolve.com)? If I try to access it through Microsoft Edge v116.0.1938.54 (latest), the page remains blank with no error messages.

If I use Microsoft Edge Dev v117.0.2045.1  (latest), the page will open, and I can access most functions, except for remote control. The connection is made, but the browser shows only a black space where the remote display should be. I can see the mouse cursor moving on the remote computer (testing on one in the same room).

I don't normally use Chrome or Firefox - but if it works on one of those other browsers, I may need to, so I can see multiple remote desktop sessions simultaneously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Boyd B.
Contributor

Re: Browser support for Console

It is NoScript v.11.4.18. Disabling restrictions on the tab with the GoToResolve console allowed everything to work properly in Edge v116.

In trying to discern the difference between v116 and v117, I remembered that Autoplay of Media could strictly blocked in Dev v117, and that I had enabled it - I had set the option Media Autoplay to Block. Once I added an exception for console.gotoresolve.com, the remote system's desktop became visible.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Boyd B.,

The System Requirements for End users can be found here. Web browser requirements are: the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari, or Internet Explorer 11. 

I've just updated my version of Edge on Windows 11 to  v116.0.1938.54 and the console is loading and displaying normally. What happens if you sign in using a Private tab in Edge?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Boyd B.
Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Same situation. I opened developer tools on the console page, and found this error:

Refused to load the script '<URL>' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src-elem 'none'".

There are 54 of these, and <URL> represents various https://console.gotoresolve.com references.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Do you know if this is that a local security policy that was added recently? Do you have any 3rd party security extensions installed in Edge?

Boyd B.
Contributor

I haven't installed any local security policies, to my knowledge. Edge Dev works mostly normally with the Console web site, other than a black window for remote control. The Developer tools show no significant errors.

Edge v116 has no security extensions. I only tried it because I needed something to compare with Edge Dev v117.

Boyd B.
Contributor

Well, it turns out I did have a hidden extension blocking the javascript content in Edge 116. Apologies for the inconvenience.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

No worries. Would you mind sharing the name of the extension in case someone else runs into the same issue?

Boyd B.
Contributor

It is NoScript v.11.4.18. Disabling restrictions on the tab with the GoToResolve console allowed everything to work properly in Edge v116.

In trying to discern the difference between v116 and v117, I remembered that Autoplay of Media could strictly blocked in Dev v117, and that I had enabled it - I had set the option Media Autoplay to Block. Once I added an exception for console.gotoresolve.com, the remote system's desktop became visible.