cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DKArctur
New Contributor

GoTo Resolve desktop app on MacOS does not open

I've just created a GoTo Resolve account, added devices, and downloaded the desktop app for Windows and Mac. The Windows app works fine, but the Mac app will not finish loading. It shows I'm signed in, but then just hangs with a blank app frame and the pulsing GoTo logo in the middle. I've tried redownloading, uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting between attempts, but with no change in results. I'm running  Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1 on a MacBook Pro with Intel cpu, 32gb RAM, plenty of hard drive space. Tech support seems puzzled about it. Any help? I can let go of the desktop app since Resolve will work from a browser, but???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GoTo_Robi
GoTo Contributor

Re: GoTo Resolve desktop app on MacOS does not open

Hi @DKArctur,

The GoTo App - you referred to - is the GoTo Connect app for meetings, webinars, etc.

Agent console native apps and unattended installers should be downloaded from web or desktop console of GoTo Resolve.

Sorry for the confusion.

We will check how to avoid similar misunderstanding in the future.

Br,

Robi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DKArctur
New Contributor

I figured it out. The Mac OS Intel download link from this webpage  fails to load properly after installation. But the Download Agent Desktop Console option in the Profile menu of the browser-based Admin Console  downloads a different file "GoTo Resolve Desktop Console.app" which works as expected. Problem solved.

GoTo should fix that issue with the first download method I tried from their website.

GoTo_Robi
GoTo Contributor

Hi @DKArctur,

The GoTo App - you referred to - is the GoTo Connect app for meetings, webinars, etc.

Agent console native apps and unattended installers should be downloaded from web or desktop console of GoTo Resolve.

Sorry for the confusion.

We will check how to avoid similar misunderstanding in the future.

Br,

Robi