cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bblear
Active Contributor

Installing programs to pc's through updates

Hello everyone we are new to resolve just went live yesterday. What we are noticing so far is we pushed updates to all machines last night on a schedule. This morning somehow there are machines that got a bunch of new programs that were never installed on that machine to begin with. Maybe we did something wrong. From what I can tell the machines that got this list of programs use onedrive and on previous machines they had they did have these applications at one point but we no longer use them and they were not installed on the new machine they have. I hope im making sense with this. It would be nice to see a list of programs to allow or not allow updates to those from a global standpoint. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Viktor_Egri
GoTo Contributor

Re: Installing programs to pc's through updates

Dear customer!

I'm Viktor Egri, one of the product managers at GoTo Resolve with an RMM focus.

After we rolled out the 3rd party application feature, we identified a bug that we fixed as a follow-up feature 1-2 hours after the release.

This was the bug:

• If you chose 2 (or more) devices, we identified all the installed software. E.g. on "Device A" there was "7zip" installed, on "Device B" there was "Malwarebytes" installed only.
  • When GTRe installed the available patches for each of the devices, it accidentally also installed all identified software (so after the installation, both "Device A" and "Device B" had "7zip" and "Malwarebytes" installed.

We fixed the issue already. It won't happen anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Viktor_Egri
GoTo Contributor

Dear customer!

I'm Viktor Egri, one of the product managers at GoTo Resolve with an RMM focus.

After we rolled out the 3rd party application feature, we identified a bug that we fixed as a follow-up feature 1-2 hours after the release.

This was the bug:

• If you chose 2 (or more) devices, we identified all the installed software. E.g. on "Device A" there was "7zip" installed, on "Device B" there was "Malwarebytes" installed only.
  • When GTRe installed the available patches for each of the devices, it accidentally also installed all identified software (so after the installation, both "Device A" and "Device B" had "7zip" and "Malwarebytes" installed.

We fixed the issue already. It won't happen anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience!

bobwalters

we are new to this product having migrated from SolarWinds RMM, now N-Able.

Not sure if we have made the right choice, this product seems very immature and lots of features prom ising do not actually deliver. I use GoTo 6 or 7 years ago when it was GoTo Assist, it really has not moved on much from there apart from an attept at a portla/dashboard.

Pity, it has a massive gap to fill in the market but it is not raeally pullin gup tree's as a medium (500 device) enterpreise

Gnomemaster

Thx for this post, got same problem here 🙂

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Gnomemaster welcome to the GoTo Community. 

Are you still having this issue? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training