cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twburrow

Lost Connection to device (Windows 10 device)

I have a computer that randomly lost its connection that I had in a group on GoToResolve for updating and doing patches (not RemoteSupport). No matter how many times I restarted the computer it wouldn't show it was online on GoToResolve's side. I confirmed the computer was online and connected to the network. On GoToResolve it only said it was Offline and on the "offline" computer on the taskbar where the purple box is for GoToResolve it said offline, however in Services on the computer it said GoToResolve was running so it's for sure showing on the computer just not connecting.

I was able to reinstall the agent onto the computer and it showed online afterwards, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue because at my work we have a lot of computer labs and I would hate to have to reinstall agents a lot just to see computers in GoToResolve.

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Lost Connection to device (Windows 10 device)

Hi @twburrow welcome to the GoTo Community. Thanks for sharing your experience and solution. I don't have an answer as to why this happened, but the team has been alerted. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
SBrown42
Active Contributor

We see this issue quite often.  As an example one of our sites had an Internet outage this week during the night and as a result all bar one of the servers was showing as Offline the following morning.  I know they were working as the customer wasn't screaming at me!

Luckily as the service was still running on one system we could connect to that and then use Services in Control Panel (it is a Windows network) to connect to the remote system and restart the GTR service.  Then the all appeared as online again.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @SBrown42 thanks for adding your experience here. We will share this with the team. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training