cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickxcarr
Active Contributor

Deployment via MDM to Mac - device doesn't register

I'm working on moving my company to zero-touch deployment for Macs (a little late, I know), and I'm running into issues deploying the Remote Support agent. We are using Intune for MDM.

If I deploy the .pkg installer for the endpoint agent through Intune with the app type "macOS app (PKG)", the app installs successfully, but clicking the icon in the menu bar reveals that it's stuck in an offline state. If I click "About", the CompanyID field is left blank.

I reviewed the config file at /Library/Application Support/LogmeinRemoteSupportUnattended/$COMPANYID/mandatory.json. That file reveals that the CompanyID and CompanyToken keys do not have a value assigned. The WorkFolder field is set to /Library/Application Support/LogmeinRemoteSupportUnattended, omitting the subdirectory with the CompanyID string.

I uninstalled the application and installed the .pkg file manually and reviewed the same json file to find that the CompanyID and CompanyToken keys are assigned values properly, the WorkFolder key is set to include the CompanyID number, and the agent does come online.

We are not going to be allowing users to install software without IT dept approval once we're in zero-touch, so asking our users to install the GTA .pkg themselves won't happen. Intune doesn't appear to support deploying .app files that contain installers as far as I can tell.

Has anyone else seen this issue with Intune or a different MDM suite, and if so, is there a workaround for this?

6 REPLIES 6
CoryBarnett
Active Contributor

Re: Deployment via MDM to Mac - device doesn't register

I am running into this issue right now. Did you ever find a solution?

nickxcarr
Active Contributor

Nope. We haven't pulled the trigger yet, but the solution is going to end up being TeamViewer. We've had enough other issues with GoToAssist that it's no longer worth the hassle.

CoryBarnett
Active Contributor

Yeah same we've had plenty of issues too, but don't have an option due to owners not willing to spend elsewhere. So far support has not been any help but if I ever find a solution I will post for someone else that comes along.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@CoryBarnett@nickxcarr Sorry to hear about this issue. We are checking in with the team for further insight into what may be happening. 

In the meantime, have you reviewed GoTo Resolve as an option?  

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
nickxcarr
Active Contributor

I spent two months working with your support team on this already, got nowhere, and gave up. The case number is 19490920.

At this point, there are not any products GoTo offers that I'd have any confidence in trying.

CoryBarnett
Active Contributor

I have a current case open with this 20166282. If there's a cost associated with moving to GoTo Resolve at this time I won't be able to get that approved but since I can't move from GoTo I am willing to try whatever to get this working.