cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harbinger
Active Contributor

Re: GoToAssist Mac 10.15 Catalina support

Completly aggree with  Shaun77 that there really is no excuse this has not been released yet.  I much prefer the app interface and have been strugging with the web interface on my Catalina system for months now. The ONLY reason I did not port my primary MBP over to Catalina is GtA.  Of course the other big issue is unatended support for Mojave and above but this thread isn't about that. I own an IT support buisness and have considered switching to a different solution however we woudl need to literally move hundreds of computers over and the hassle of doing that outweighs the inconvenience of staying with this product. 

TBH I would not be the least bit surprised to get an EOL announcemnt rather than a 64 bit app. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

GoToAssist Remote Support version 4.7 Build 1673 (Catalina support) has been released to the Infrequent and Regular&Beta channels: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/about-infrequent-updates-g2ars090080

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Shaun77
Active Contributor

That's noice that there's an update to clients, but that's not the issue.

We still can't use the GTA Expert app on a Mac...

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Shaun77,

The Expert app will update also, you will want to sign out and sign back into it. If you connect to an Unattended Mac that has updated from an Expert App that hasn't, you'll be given the option to update the Expert App. 

Harbinger
Active Contributor

Shaun77 , setup infrequent updates from the admin consol. Launch the app on a NON Catalina ssytem and you should get prompted to upgrade. Copy the new build app to a Catalina system and you're good to go.

System names are hard to see in dark mode, I use an Automator app to toggle between modes.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/06/14/how-to-toggle-dark-mode-with-a-keyboard-shortcut-or-the-t...

GlennD
GoTo Manager

The text issue with Dark Mode has been noted with the beta version.

Harbinger
Active Contributor

Great, thanks. I've told my tech team and they are pretty excited. GtA was the ONLY app we have been waiting on.  Hey, their nerds... they want the latest OS. Not to mention we have clients that will upgrade even though we have sent out emails warning clients not to yet. Do as I say, not as I do for our clients...

Shaun77
Active Contributor

Well at least I got GTA back! I can live with the dark mode text issue for now.

And thanks for the Automator guide to set up a shortcut, that's awesome! 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Regular (default) Build will be released on October 19, 2019

• All agents whose account update settings are configured for Regular Updates or Regular & Beta Updates will receive an update of the latest version (v4.7, b1673) for the GoToAssist Expert and Customer desktop applications on of Saturday, October 19, 2019.   Please see below for the changes included in this release.

Adrienne2
New Contributor

Will the Go To Assist Opener be updated soon? When trying to run a remote session to a Mac with Catalina, there is an issue with the Go To Opener. The person types in the fast support number at the fast support site, tries to launch the Go To Opener and then receives the error:

"GoToAssist Customer (1575)" needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

Is there an timeframe for a resolution for this issue?