cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xander1
Active Contributor

Installation failing - Can't create working folder

This is still for the go to resolve. would it be possible to get a script for the go to assist installer? unatteneded or not, i can't seem to get some of my computers to install. Same message with the "Can't create  working folder"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xander1
Active Contributor

Re: Unattended agent not correctly reinstalling

I think I figured it out.. The uninstaller didn’t stop the service properly, so the folder couldn’t be deleted. Stopping the service, deleting the folder then running the installer worked. Thanks for the script! I read it and got the idea to try it myself. I’m working on modifying it so it will work for me.

PCs are win 11 pro, and i'm remoted in trying to install.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Xander1,

The GoTo Resolve script simply removes a few files that are currently left behind after uninstalling, so even a similar script would be of little help if you are having this issue with a fresh install. 

Can you please provide some details about the computers you are experiencing this error with? 

• Operating system and version    
  • Are you trying to install remotely or are you sitting at the computer?

If you have one of the affected computers handy could you demonstrate it happening for one of our support reps?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Xander1
Active Contributor

I think I figured it out.. The uninstaller didn’t stop the service properly, so the folder couldn’t be deleted. Stopping the service, deleting the folder then running the installer worked. Thanks for the script! I read it and got the idea to try it myself. I’m working on modifying it so it will work for me.

PCs are win 11 pro, and i'm remoted in trying to install.
amolinaaa
Visitor

Hi Glenn,

I am having the same issues with not being able to install GoTo

Stating "Can't create working folder"

Can you share a solution/script

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @amolinaaa, welcome to the community.

I reviewed your account and see that you have GoToAssist Remote Support and not GoTo Resolve, so I've moved your post here. Xander1 experienced this with GTARS as well and noticed the Service was not being stopped correctly. If you open Services on the target PC and manually stop "GoToAssist Remote Support Customer" you should be able to delete the folder and then reinstall.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training