cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Mac Keyboard Mapping - Again

Hello:

I mentioned this in another Mac thread, but I'll break it out into its own rather than polluting that thread:

We had this issue back in 2016 - and it's come back (or never went away and, for some reason, I didn't come across it again): running a Mac-to-Mac G2A session, if I bring up a file server authentication dialogue, every key I type results in 'a' being entered.

Likewise I cannot type anything into a 'Connect to Server...' window - no keyboard entry at all.

I running G2A 4.3.0.1575 on macOS 10.13.3; most of my clients aren't running High Sierra. And I don't get this issue with TeamViewer.

Please get this fixed ASAP - the Mac really does feel like a second-class citizen round here...

Pants.

15 REPLIES 15
Adrian_I
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Mac Keyboard Mapping - Again

Hi there,

A question from our team about this:  Do you have a Remote Desktop session running at the same time while attempting this GoToAssist connection.  RD is known to cause this type of interference as both systems are trying to use the same resources.

Thanks!

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Hello Adrian:

Thanks for chiming in on this.

wrote:

Do you have a Remote Desktop session running at the same time while attempting this GoToAssist connection.  RD is known to cause this type of interference as both systems are trying to use the same resources.

I have Sharing > Remote Management enabled on a lot of client machines - but this issue has happened when there aren't other Remote Desktop sessions running.

It even happened when I was using G2A Unattended to run Cyberduck on the client machine - I was unable to enter any text into the address field... and no Remote Desktop session was running at the time.

Thanks,

Pants.

Adrian_I
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Moisie,

Sorry for the delay in a response here.  I have been doing some digging internally and found out that this is related to a known issue that is currently being worked on.  There are a couple of internal tickets open around these symptoms so it is on the radar, but unfortunately I don't have an ETA on when it will be resolved.  I will be sure to update this thread when I see any more updates come out.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Hello Adrian:

Thanks for updating this.

@Adrian_Iwrote:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

I'll be honest: patience is wearing very thin at this point. Will you be offering us a refund based on the non-functionality of the software?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

GoToAssist Remote Support v4.4 build 1599 is now available as an Infrequent Build, it includes a fix for the Mac screen sharing crash andMac keyboard entry issue. Please try it out and let us know if you see an improvement.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Hello Glenn:

On my brief tests so far, this new release is definitely an improvement - thanks. However a colleague had an issue this afternoon with text entry coming in as 'AaaAaaaaAAA' etc under build 1599.

I can provide the Session ID so you can see the recording of this if necessary.

Thanks,

Pants.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Pants,

I apologize for the new error seem over there.

Since the problem began, has it recurred again?   If so, could you specify what client OS were in use at the times?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Hello Ash:

Thanks for looking in. So far, the problem hasn't come up again for either myself or my colleagues.

I believe both the Expert and Client ends were running macOS10.12.something.

Best wishes,
Pants.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks @MoisiePants , we were also unable to repro that text response.  Please let us know if it continues.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!