cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: MacOS Mojave Privacy Setting Causes Chicken or Egg Dilemma

Hi @John4111 

Once the session starts, your client should see a prompt from their Mac to allow the software. If they miss it, they can do it from the System Preferences.

2019-01-24_13-05-00.jpg 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
John4111
Active Contributor

I was referring to your post about adding G2A to the system preferences - Security & Privacy - Privacy - Accessibility list and after adding GotoAssist Customer (XXXX) I still have no keyboard/mouse on the remote mac.

EKKG
Active Contributor

I'm still having some trouble with a couple of clients, however, when you login for the first time, you'll have to get the customer to open System Preferences to Security and have them unlock the and put a check mark on the application (Mojave), no way around it, someone has to be there the first time.

John4111
Active Contributor

Ok so they must have missed it but now when I try to add it manually and click + and choose Applications - GotoAssist Customer (1599) it displays as g2ax_starter_customer and I'm still not able to control the mouse/keyboard even after a restart of the mac.

012419-g2ax-mac-issues.jpg

cdavis714
Active Contributor

Do a full uninstall/reinstall of all of the current client applications you have on the client system running Mojave (I can see you have 3 versions on there). After reinstall, try to start an unattended session and you should get prompted to allow the control as EKKG and GlennD mentioned. It should show up in the Privacy tab in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy as "g2ax_launchagent_customer".

As you should know based on my original post on this thread, this requires admin privileges so you will have to be working with the client computer locally. 

Chad Johnson1
New Contributor

Hi All,

I'm dealing with this same issue, a freshly loaded mac with Mojave 10.14.3 and the latest unattented installer OSX package.

The g2a process is checked/allowed in accessability as suggested.

I can connect to the desktop perfectly, but have no mouse or ability to type.

I've manually and automatically uninstalled the Unattended package and reinstalled, same issue presents itself.

Teamviewer works pefectly however. Please tell me you guys plan on being more compatible than Teamviewer!

Hoping for a fix soon, this is a serious issue for us with our Mac clients.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey @Chad Johnson1 ,

I apologize for the frustrations. 

Does this same behavior happen on all of your Mac clients running Mojave?

If isolated to one, have you tried troubleshooting that Mac by re-installing under a different user profile?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
EKKG
Active Contributor

I haven't found much rhyme or reason to it, sometimes it's worked, other times it hasn't. Another weird thing, 1599 seems to be the current version, however, sometimes it will upgrade me to 1610 and then revert me back to 1599 again on the same computer. Quite often, I can connect to my user unattended but can't move the mouse until the user goes into system prefs to allow access and sometimes that doesn't work either. It's happening less and less so I apologize for not giving more details, I just found work arounds like Team Viewer if push comes to shove.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @EKKG 

Version 4.5 build 1610 is the latest version of Remote Support, with it you can access your Remote Support Unattended computers from the RescueAssist console. Your account and Unattended computer groups must be set to a mixture of Regular and Infrequent Updates which is why you are being prompted to upgrade and downgrade at times.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Chad Johnson1
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD 

Im not being prompted by anything, I was uninstalling the OSX package as per the possible solutions in this thread. Still no luck controlled the OSX machine.

Automatically = Using the uninstall icon in OSX

Manually = Uninstalling as per this

My issues is not finding the latest release or knowing how to use GTA, its the fact the your OSX Unattended package does not work relaibliy with OSX Mojave.

@AshC 

Thanks I'll try with another profile. I know that at one time there was an odd bug in the GTA package that it would not allow Unattended support if the OSX username had spaces in it. This user however is just a single word, Patricia.