cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EKKG
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Mojave Privacy Setting Causes Chicken or Egg Dilemma

Haven't bothered too much with this lately, too busy. Today I setup a new iMac in my office that has Mojave 10.14.4. I downloaded the unattended installer from the GoToAssist website and installed it on the iMac.

The install was sucessful and when I updated "My Unattended Computers" the iMac in question was there.

I initiated a connection from my computer and a dialog box appeared on the iMac, I clicked "accept" and the message came up "g2ax_launchagent_customer" would like to control this computer using accessibility features. Grant access to this application in Security & Privacy preferences, located in System Preferences. I followed through on those instructions but I will not allow me to control the computer. When I ended the session from my computer, it will not end on the iMac, had to force quit. At this point, I uninstalled the Unattended Support and tried to connect via fastsupport.com. I tried with Safari, Firefox and Chrome, I get the following message, "The download failed" Unfortunately, the GoTo Opener wasn't able to start GoToAssist. Failed to download the required application from our servers. Please restart the download or contact Global Customer Support at http://link.logmeininc.com/get-help. Just to make sure it wasn't something going on with GTA, I went to fastsupport.com and connected to one of my PC's.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Yeah @EKKG  --  That is more of a complete failure from several angles.  If you want to create a case with Customer Support when you are next at that computer, then they can fully document that Mac environment to figure out where the issues are coming from.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Michael M
New Contributor

Any futher word on this issue? I am unable to control my client's Macs running Mojave—which is a bigger portion  of my clients every week! I'd just jump to RescueAssist, but as has been pointed out in other threads, it is not quite up to GTA in terms of functionality. 

EKKG
Active Contributor

I've stopped using Rescue Assist altogehter, it doesn't record my sessions reliably and I use that to help me with my billing. Honestly, I don't think much of anything has been resolved for a while now. Often times I have to get the customer to download Teamviewer so I can get the work done. My contract runs until September, not sure what I'm going to do after.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Michael M  I apologize for the ongoing issues you're encountering.  As far as I know, this experience should not be happening if the end user on Mac has cleared the OS privacy check on their side.  Is this behavior recurring where users reinstalled already and allowed GoToAssist through the security?

Michael M
New Contributor

Yes, I am seeing this with a 10.14.4  client where the checkbox is filled for G2A in the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy  setting. The checkbox is also filled for LogMeIn client for RescueAssist, so I am able to access that way. But (to mention an additional problem), if I try to switch user accounts on the client computer while using RescueAssist, I get locked out. 

Chad Johnson1
New Contributor

Same here, in fact not a single client with Mojave will allow be to interact with the desktop, even with Privacy settings set correctly.

This is a serious and possibly deal breaking issue, please get this fixed, it's been several months now with no solution.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Chad Johnson1 @Michael M  Could you specify-- was this affecting GoToAssist specifically, or RescueAssist's web interface? 

Chad Johnson1
New Contributor

This is using the latest gotoassist OSX unattended package.
John4111
Active Contributor

I agree I've had issues with multiple systems setup for unattended access.