cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Re: MacOS Mojave Privacy Setting Causes Chicken or Egg Dilemma

Thanks Glenn.

I didn't see any mention of this issue being resolved in the release notes for 1624 - https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToAssist-Remote-Support-News/GoToAssist-Remote-Support-v4-6-b1624... - so I've stayed at 1610.

I'll give it a go and report back...

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@MoisiePants wrote:
@LRP wrote:

Yes, using web-based RescueAssist.

Retested on 7/31/2019 with FireFox V68.0.1 64-bit, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your input - but the steps you outlined required the end-user to input their password - which doesn't help with unattended access...

There is no bypassing the new security measures Apple introduced. Somone at the client Mac has to open the security preferences and allow GoToAssist to have access, which will require entering the password. There are more changes coming in the Catalina update as well https://www.cnet.com/g00/news/6-macos-catalina-security-changes-from-apple-coming-this-fall

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Now running build 1624 of G2A, and the situation is improved: in my testing, there's generally (not always...) now just a 1-2 minute wait before you can through the login window, and then another 1-2 minute wait until you can control the unattended client machine - certainly better than the 10 minute wait...

MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Hello:

Just logged into an Unattended Mojave install again this morning, using build 1624 of G2A.

This time I had a five minute wait before I could type into the login screen, and then another five minute wait before I could do anything after logging in.

This is with the Accessibility options already enabled on this machine.

This is a *really* annoying issue - is it on the list to be fixed? The silence here is deafening...

Thanks.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey @MoisiePants ,

We haven't made any recent changes to the GoToAssist behavior on Macs-- but perhaps Apple did. 

To be clear, this isn't something that is 'fixable', as it is still a requirement by Apple themselves. If you still have concerns around this security change, you might be able to find more answers on one of their own forums (Apple).

**I would also expect that additional security measures are coming down the line for these operating systems, based on public plans released by Apple. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
EKKG
Active Contributor

This past weekend I did a remote with a customer who was runnign Mojave. When I logged in with him via "Attended" session, had no issues. While I was connected to him, I installed "Unattended" support and restarted the computer. It connected but I could not move the mouse, I had the client go through the system preferences, security, etc... no joy.

Chad Johnson1
New Contributor

@AshC 

I still can't use unanttended support on a slew of Macs.

You can't pass the buck to apple when many of the alternatives to LogMeIn work flawlessly on the latest Mac OS.

We need this to work seamlessly.

EKKG
Active Contributor

I hate to say this because there is so much I love about GoToAssist but between this issue and the issues I've had trying to adopt rescue assist, partically the fact that it wasn't recording my sessions. I'm seriously considering an alternative.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@EKKG can you provide some more details about what process you used to setup Unattended Support with that customer? Did you just open fastsupport.com/unattended or did you download a packaged installer from your account?

Mac security is most likely seeing the Unattended Support install as a different application from the Attended app that your customer previously gave permission to.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
MoisiePants
Active Contributor

Hello Ash:

@AshC wrote:

We haven't made any recent changes to the GoToAssist behavior on Macs-- but perhaps Apple did. 

This isn't a recent change - as far as I'm aware, this has been the case since Mojave was released...

@AshC wrote:

To be clear, this isn't something that is 'fixable', as it is still a requirement by Apple themselves. If you still have concerns around this security change, you might be able to find more answers on one of their own forums (Apple).

**I would also expect that additional security measures are coming down the line for these operating systems, based on public plans released by Apple. 

To be clear, I'm not referring to the requirement to allow Accessibility for the G2A apps - I already have that enabled, and understand it's down to Apple.

My concern is about the delay required to take control of an Unattended session - this doesn't happen with Attended sessions, and doesn't happen with your competitors under Mojave.