cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Unattended Computer disappearing from GoToAssist?

Hi @LWhite, welcome to the community.

This issue should be resolved. After you reinstall are you able to connect reliably while they are in the list? Perhaps you could set up GoToAssist v5 Unattended support on some of these computers as well alongside v4, and use v5 to connect the next time this happens so you can see the desktop, and gather v4 logs?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
HugoExceptOnFir
Active Contributor

Same for us today, all v4 clients have fanished from the new console, do we need to push out the v5 client?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @HugoExceptOnFir,

Is this still happening? I am not able to recreate the issue, my v4 Unattended computers are all visible in the v5 desktop console and on the website if I check my devices there.

HugoExceptOnFir
Active Contributor

Hi,

Looks like it only lasted for a few hours yesterday, not sure what the issue was but all seems fine now 👍

LWhite
New Contributor

Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the issue.

While Googling the issue, I saw some older references to computers being reimaged could potentially be an issue. All computers we reimage are to a stock Windows 10 computer with unique UUIDs.

Also, GoTo is never part of the image. That is the last step in our process. After adding to the domain and installing antivirus.

I only mention this because the issue is random and I'm literally "grabbing for straws" here out of desperation.

So process is as follows:

1. Image computer (can be a brand new Dell straight from the factory or one that has been repurposed)
  2. Install necessary Windows updates.
  3. Perform Dell Command updates.
  4. Activate MS Office license.
  5. Add to domain.
  6. Add end user profile.
  7. Install antivirus.
  8. Install GoTo Expert v4 and assign to appropriate Unattended "group"/"list".
  9. Deliver computer to end user.

Everything seems to work fine for a couple hours (the shortest time I've seen yet) to a few weeks until..... poof! It drops from the unattended list.

Once we get the computer back we check and GoTo is actually installed and running on the system in question. The service is intact and running.

We uninstall GoTo, reinstall GoTo and everything is working until it disappears again. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to it.

For example, last night I had to assist an end user. I have manually uninstalled and reinstalled GoTo twice before this incident. I was able to RDP to her PC and, for the third time in less than a month, reinstall GoTo.

Everything was working great. This morning I get to work and her PC still showed in the Unattended list (but was greyed out because it was offline at the time). I checked back when I knew she would be in and it was still in the list and now "lit up" (active or on) in the list. Approximately an hour later I check the list again and... you guessed it. POOF! Gone.

Hopefully this novel worth of babble can help steer me in the right direction to get this fixed.

Thanks again for not letting this topic die until we can figure it out!

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @LWhite welcome to the Community. If possible can you list the computers that are missing and call our support team so we can investigate. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

jpPRL
Visitor

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same issue with 4.8, computers imaged BEFORE installing GoToAssist, and in a few days they poof. Very frustrating and causing major issues for us. 

jpPRL
Visitor

Clients Disappearing

We are running 4.8 and I have noticed recently that multiple new computers have disappeared from my device list. These computers all have the same Windows 10 image installed, but GoToAssist is installed after renaiming the computer and rebooting. I see them on my list, can connect to them, but then in a few days they are gone.

This is causing major problems. Is there a work around for this? Is this still an issue in v5?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Clients Disappearing

Hi @jpPRL, welcome to the community.

Besides using the same Windows 10 image do they also use all of the same hardware? Do you have access to any of these computers? 

It would be helpful to know if the Unattended software is still running on them and in the system tray. If you right-click the system tray icon and select 

Unattended Access > Device Group Info, what does it show?

bharrison
New Contributor

Does anyone know what the impact would be of re-imaging a PC on how it effects this issue? We are experiencing this on a PC that was recently re-imaged. Is there a way to avoid this?