cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkeaton
Contributor

Bugs - How to report them?

Is there a simple way to report bugs? I don't see anything, and contacting support doesn't seem like the best way either, takes way to long for the end user. Suggestions? Option? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Bugs - How to report them?

Hi @mkeaton,

There are basically three options: 

1. Call Support and report the issue. Demonstrate it to the support agent who can then verify it, document it, and create a ticket. 
  2. Report a bug through the GoTo App by clicking on your Profile and selecting Feedback and then +Give Feedback 
    GlennD_0-1678484738563.png

3. Report it here in the community with all of the details needed for us to try and recreate the issue on our side and document it for a ticket 

For something to be classed as a bug, it needs to be reproducible so the more details that are provided the better. For example:

• Windows or Mac?
  • softphone or physical phone etc? 
  • what are the exact steps taken?
  • the actual result vs the expected result? 
  • how often the issue happens (is this the first time or does it happen frequently or always?
  • how many users are affected?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @mkeaton,

There are basically three options: 

1. Call Support and report the issue. Demonstrate it to the support agent who can then verify it, document it, and create a ticket. 
  2. Report a bug through the GoTo App by clicking on your Profile and selecting Feedback and then +Give Feedback 
    GlennD_0-1678484738563.png

3. Report it here in the community with all of the details needed for us to try and recreate the issue on our side and document it for a ticket 

For something to be classed as a bug, it needs to be reproducible so the more details that are provided the better. For example:

• Windows or Mac?
  • softphone or physical phone etc? 
  • what are the exact steps taken?
  • the actual result vs the expected result? 
  • how often the issue happens (is this the first time or does it happen frequently or always?
  • how many users are affected?

mkeaton
Contributor

Contacted  support to report a minor bug and I was made to feel that this wasn't a big enough issue to report it. After making a case for it to be reported I think a ticket was made. 

I understand that minor bugs are just that,  minor.  But if we, the users, never report them then it wont get fixed. After you run into enough of these minor bugs in a single session you start get frustrated with the overall product and user experiences over time diminishes. When its time to renew contracts then its time to move on to a new product with less bugs and a  more receptive support team that wants to have a good product.

The bug is reproducible.  There should be zero push back to fix something like this even if minor.

Issue is adding  call park buttons in the devices >  admin section don't show the button labels you just  typed in unless you force refresh the page, therefor while making buttons the end user thinks that the button is blank, even though they just entered in the info (it deletes itself after saving/syncing), you can not make more buttons until the page is forced refresh because the button is now blank yet its required. No other buttons that are created behave in this manner. This isn't me reporting it here I'm just giving context, this was reported via support on a 40 minute call.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@mkeaton I completely agree with you and I apologize for the frustrating call experience. Thank you for describing the issue, I will be sharing it with the Team. I have also updated my previous reply to include reporting a bug through the GoTo App itself (I forgot about that one).

mkeaton
Contributor

Hey Glen,

Could you confirm that the feedback option is working for  you? Every browser and the desktop app seem to be broken. When I click feedback it doesn't do anything. Was working until Tuesday, then it just sat as a loading screen that was blank then after that it hasn't worked since. And when I say hasn't worked I mean I click feedback and nothing pops up at all, in any Goto platform I have access to. Firefox, Chrome, Edge, GoTo App (latest version).

Is anyone able to use the feedback option?

I created a support ticket but they just tell me to clear my cache/cookies, which I have done multiple times and  there is no change. I requested this be reported to tier 2 support however I have no way to know if that occurred or not. Maybe if others are seeing the same issues it might push them to fix it? 😃

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@mkeaton It works on my PC and Mac, have you tried restarting the computer or accessing through a different computer? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
mkeaton
Contributor

I have restarted my computer many times. I just tried on another PC and it did not work there either. This is super weird lol I cleared cache/cookies I have used all 3 browsers AND the app, none of the feedback options work.  

Thank you Kate, I did need to know if it was a just me thing or not to figure this out. Support has asked for screenshots... of something that doesn't pop up or work at all so I'm going to try sending them a teams video.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@mkeaton sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved and thanks for all the troubleshooting attempts and for working with the support team. I can certainly pass along your experience to the team. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training