cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Austen2
New Contributor

Customers not reaching automated assistant with confirmed correct number?

We've had a few layoffs and I'm taking the additional responsibility of trying to understand the Admin side of GoTo. My question stems from a claim from a customer on Saturday that they tried to contact my team, while my team was confirmed to be "Ready", and the call never connected. The automated system never recognized the customer enough to "abandon" the call either. No record or recording of the call anywhere. 

I spoke with the customer, he listed the correct number, but claims that it disconnected without any greeting or options. Anyone have any pointers or articles I can reference to troubleshoot? There were two customers on Saturday that supposedly had the same issue, separated by hours though. In between their issues, we took a few successfully connected calls. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Customers not reaching automated assistant with confirmed correct number?

Hi @Austen2 welcome to the GoTo Community. If the calls never connected, there won't be any records in  GTC admin. Can you ask your customer to contact their telephone provider to investigate what happened with the calls? The telephone provider may be able to provide details about the call attempts. This information could be useful in determining why the calls didn't connect and help us investigate further.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Customers not reaching automated assistant with confirmed correct number?

Hi @Austen2 welcome to the GoTo Community. If the calls never connected, there won't be any records in  GTC admin. Can you ask your customer to contact their telephone provider to investigate what happened with the calls? The telephone provider may be able to provide details about the call attempts. This information could be useful in determining why the calls didn't connect and help us investigate further.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training