cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nateneb
New Contributor

Desk phone no longer rings for Queue calls

Prior to the last update we had users whose Desk Phone would ring at the same time as their Soft Phone when they received a call in Queue.  These users were logged into the queue via their Soft Phones only.

Some of our agents prefer the Desk Phones and others the Soft Phones so all stations have both.  Desk Phones are Yealink T54W,  Soft Phone v4.2.1

Those who used the Soft Phones had a quick backup in case they had any problem with their headsets, they could just pick up a Hard Phone handset to answer a queue call.

After the update, both phones appear to ring for direct calls to their extension, but not when the call comes in via a call queue. 

Was something updated that changed this behavior?

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Desk phone no longer rings for Queue calls

Hi @nateneb, welcome to the community.

I am not aware of any recent updates that may have caused this issue, but our team is reviewing things from our side. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
GlennD
GoTo Manager

@nateneb I have confirmed that there was no change to the behavior in the latest update.  If the queue's Ring strategy is set to Ring All available agents, as long as they are logged into both, both devices will ring at the same time. Non-queue calls will also ring both user's devices at the same time. 

If you have users who are confirmed as signed into both desk and softphones who are not seeing queued calls ring on both, please call our toll-free support so they can investigate and gather more details.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
nateneb
New Contributor

Thanks for the follow up.

In my original description, I indicated the agents were ONLY logged in to the queues via the Soft Phone, not the Desk Phone, and yet the Desk Phone rang at the same time as the Soft Phone when a queue call came in.  The queue's Ring strategy was set for 'Longest call wait'. 

Unfortunately, the behavior no longer works since the update, so there is no way to confirm it again now.  It might be possible there was a misunderstanding with how things were ringing.

Thanks for checking on any changes.

I did find something interesting in testing, which you alluded to in your last reply. 

You indicated that all devices logged into the queue should ring in a Ring strategy of 'Ring All' setting.

We use 'Longest call wait' setting and while testing for the above conditions, I noticed that the Desk Phone and the Soft Phone, when both logged into the same queue under the same extension appeared like two separate agents.  That is, an incoming call to the queue considered the Desk Phone a separate user, ringing it first, while the Soft Phone remained silent.  The next test call to the queue rolled over to the Soft Phone while the Desk Phone remained idle.  

I'm wondering if you can confirm this is the expected behavior for this setup/testing.