cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OCC_Dave
New Contributor

Getting SMS Compliance approved

Our SMS Compliance keeps getting rejected.  The status comes back "Update required", and hovering over the message says: "Your website doesn't have a compliant privacy policy. Update your website before resubmit your campaign."

We have triple checked our website and we believe we are compliant.  And we have resubmitted this twice now.  Why can't we just be told exactly what is incorrect.  All seems very subjective, with really bad feed back from whoever is in charge of 'approving' this.

I worry it really is something else about our Campaign that is incorrect and we are being pointed in the wrong direction.  Is there anyway to get better support for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Getting SMS Compliance approved

Hi @OCC_Dave,

You should be receiving an email from our team with some more details about why the Registry took issue with your Privacy Policy. For anyone who may experience the same issue: Sharing that a customer opted in for SMS messages with a third party is prohibited, so you need to specifically state that you do not do this in your Privacy Policy. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @OCC_Dave, welcome to the community.

Sorry for the frustration. I am checking to see if any other customers had their registration rejected and what the solution was. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @OCC_Dave,

You should be receiving an email from our team with some more details about why the Registry took issue with your Privacy Policy. For anyone who may experience the same issue: Sharing that a customer opted in for SMS messages with a third party is prohibited, so you need to specifically state that you do not do this in your Privacy Policy. 

OCC_Dave
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD ,

Yes, I just received the email.  We will review this additional information and also again review our privacy policies.

Thanks for getting this information sent over to me.  I'm hopeful that this will assist us in getting this resolved.