cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tdub116
Active Contributor

GoTo Machine Wide Install getting error "Per-user installation of this product already Exists..."

"Per-user installation of this product already exists for some user profiles on this machine. Mixing per-user and per-machine installations is not allowed." 

Seeking a way to fully remove the Per-user install from all profiles, in order for me to install the per-machine

Goto-per-user install of this product already exists.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tdub116
Active Contributor

Re: GoTo Machine Wide Install getting error "Per-user installation of this product already Exis

I am shocked that others have not ran into this issue before. 

There is information on deploying to multiple computers (see below, I am using a third part tool but i'd image GPO would work just fine). That is not even the issue here, the issue is that I must track down on my own the profile this per-user install is linked under (and really could be more than 1, for me to be able to push out the machine-wide (and future updates) moving forward.

How do I deploy the GoTo app to multiple computers? - GoTo Connect Support

Third part tool that allows me to do this with the Machine-wide installer called immy.bot works the same as GPO or any service pushing out software silently. It only fails on the computers that have the per-user installer installed.

My Conclusion: Since GoTo has no way to wiping their per-user installer from a computer, I have to manually find the computers that have this issue (which really means finding the ones that fail when I push an update out for the machine-wide installer). Then connect to them directly and start by deleting all old profiles, if that doesn't work then I need to sign into the profiles I can and have the user sign into their profile until I track down the profile that has the per-user install. Remove the per-user GoTo app under that profile and then and only then can I push out the GoTo Machine-wide and future updates to those computers…..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: GoTo Machine Wide Install getting error "Per-user installation of this product already Exis

Hi @Tdub116 I do see that you reached out to support who recommended to delete all Goto installer files and download the App from this link. Did this help? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Tdub116
Active Contributor

I am confused, I got a auto reply saying they got the ticket and then a follow up saying they were checking up regarding our last interaction....but I don't have a last interaction and don't see anything even when I check my cases on the portal (https://support.goto.com/connect/mycases) > where are you see this reply?

to give a little more details:

I am looking to update 300+ computers with the MSI machine wide installer, some of these computers have the per-user isntalled and I want to remove that in order to install the machine wide and I can't because the machine wide installer doesn't clear out the per-user in order to then install....I have a way I can push this app out silently and in mass but for the computers that have the per-user I can't even remote in and run the installer as I get this error, I don't follow what "delete all Goto installers files mean, that doesn't help with the error message and trying to do this to a lot of computers. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Tdub116 thanks for the extra detail, I sent you a PM. 

Tdub116
Active Contributor

Called in and they sent me to  developer-support which then replied with they mainly do API's...

so this was my reply to them:

Hello,

Sigh….Please help point us in the right direction!

To start, our users are not local admins so they can’t do uninstalls or install

Ignoring the fact that we are pushing GoTo out (using immy.bot, very cool service for deploying apps silently) even if I push it manually the per-user install has a huge issue where I login as an admin on the computer I don’t see the app installed, so when I try and install the machine wide it fails with the error message:

So my only option is to wait for the laptop to be assigned, have the user sign-in and then install the per-user install

How can I clear the per-user install from an old profile in order to install machine-wide? Has to be a way to clear the per-user install from other profiles…

Tdub116
Active Contributor

I am shocked that others have not ran into this issue before. 

There is information on deploying to multiple computers (see below, I am using a third part tool but i'd image GPO would work just fine). That is not even the issue here, the issue is that I must track down on my own the profile this per-user install is linked under (and really could be more than 1, for me to be able to push out the machine-wide (and future updates) moving forward.

How do I deploy the GoTo app to multiple computers? - GoTo Connect Support

Third part tool that allows me to do this with the Machine-wide installer called immy.bot works the same as GPO or any service pushing out software silently. It only fails on the computers that have the per-user installer installed.

My Conclusion: Since GoTo has no way to wiping their per-user installer from a computer, I have to manually find the computers that have this issue (which really means finding the ones that fail when I push an update out for the machine-wide installer). Then connect to them directly and start by deleting all old profiles, if that doesn't work then I need to sign into the profiles I can and have the user sign into their profile until I track down the profile that has the per-user install. Remove the per-user GoTo app under that profile and then and only then can I push out the GoTo Machine-wide and future updates to those computers…..

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Tdub116 thanks for sharing your experience and valuable feedback. While we may not have been able to offer a better resolution for you, we have shared this feedback with the team.